Therapist I - Post Doctoral Therapy Fellow (One-Year Only)
Position Category: Staff - Full-Time
Under direction of the Director of Mental Health Services and a licensed Training Supervisor, the Post-Doc Therapy Fellow diagnoses and provides treatment for learning, intellectual, psychological and social disorders and will provide psychological clinical case management; conducts individual, couples, and group psychotherapy; and provides consultation to other programs and agencies on treatment needs and behavioral plans. UVU offers an excellent benefits package which includes a generous leave policy, 12 paid holidays, affordable medical and dental insurance options, life and AD&D insurance, tuition waiver (undergraduate resident) for employee and dependents and substantial employer contribution to a retirement plan.
Enrolled in or graduated from an accredited institution with a Doctorate in Clinical or Counseling Psychology and meets the requirements for a Resident License to practice therapy under Supervision as required by the State of Utah.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
* Knowledge of psychological theories, diagnosis and treatment.
* Knowledge of legal and ethical standards for the therapeutic professions.
* Knowledge of essential principles of psychology, human behavior, counseling and psychotherapy.
* Knowledge of individual, group and crises intervention techniques.
* Knowledge of treatment plan development and implementation.
* Knowledge of community mental health resources.
* Knowledge of psycho-diagnostic and psychiatric diagnosis based on DSM-V.
* Knowledge of and participation in consulting techniques, public speaking, teaching and presentations.
* Basic knowledge of psychopharmacology.
* Knowledge of Title IX procedures and campus resources.
* Skills in treatment planning and providing effective psychological treatment for UVU students.
* Skills in documenting treatment progress of clients.
* Skills in the diagnosis of psychological disorders based on the DSM-5.
* Skills in organizing and/or conducting consultation to faculty, staff and administrators.
* Skills in public speaking, teaching and workshop presentations.
* Skills in communication and observation used in psycho-therapeutic intervention.
* Skills in documenting the progress of clients.
* Skills in computer and software applications and confidential record keeping.
* Under supervision, ability to recommend voluntary and/or involuntary commitment of clients for hospitalization for clients who present a serious threat of harm either to themselves or others.
* Ability to provide suicide risk assessments using evidence-based practice.
* Ability to diagnose psychological disorders based on the DSM-5.
* Ability to keep accurate and precise treatment records.
* Ability to communicate effectively.
* Ability to be compliant with HIPAA and FERPA privacy laws
* Ability to be compliant with ethical standards established within the therapeutic professions.
* Ability to seek supervision for best practices for psycho-therapeutic care.
Graduated from an accredited institution with a Doctorate in Clinical or Counseling Psychology and meets the requirements for a Resident License to practice therapy under Supervision as required by the State of Utah. Maintain or progress toward Utah State Licensing requirements, including passing the Utah Licensing exams as outlined by DOPL.
Frequent sitting, standing, and walking.
Frequent talking; expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word, hearing; perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking level with or without correction and ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, seeing; required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and reports; transcribing; and viewing a computer terminal.
UVU offers an excellent benefits package which includes a generous leave policy, 12 paid holidays, affordable medical and dental insurance options, life and AD&D insurance, tuition waiver (undergraduate resident) for employee and dependents and substantial employer contribution to a retirement plan.
Pay Range: $44,964 - $56,205
Advertisement Number: STA144022
Open Date: 08/04/2022
Review Start Date: 08/10/2022
Open Until Filled: Yes
Special Instructions to Applicant: This is a one year position.
To apply, visit: https://www.uvu.jobs/postings/29818
Employment decisions are made on the basis of an applicants qualifications and ability to perform the job without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age (40 and over), disability, veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth, or pregnancy-related conditions, genetic information, or other bases protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.