The role & key responsibilities
The Head of Department is responsible for the leadership, direction and management of the academic Department of Economics and Finance, including but not restricted to:
- Integrating activities across organisational boundaries and disciplines to meet the needs of students, the University and industry, through tailored programs or outcome-related research;
- Providing academic leadership in her/his discipline/professional field, with respect to teaching and learning, research, involvement with relevant professional groups, and community service;
- Ensuring a consistent level of academic leadership is delivered across all disciplines under the management scope of the position;
- Provide valuable input towards the strategic direction setting of the School by working collaboratively with other members of the School executive;
- Planning and developing programs and managing commercial activities and ensuring the viability of the Department’s activity.
Key selection criteria
- PhD or equivalent relevant Doctoral qualification;
- At least 5 years’ demonstrated managerial level experience in a higher education institution, specifically within Economics and Finance disciplines;
- Significant teaching experience in a higher education institution;
- Successful experience in managing and developing large teams of academic staff;
- Excellent leadership capability with an inclusive and collaborative approach.
To find out more
For further information about this role, please click on the link below:
- English is the language of teaching and communication at RMIT Vietnam. For this role, the minimum requirement is IELTS 7.0 (or equivalent).
- Non-Vietnamese candidates must also meet the requirements of the Vietnamese Work Permit process.
The closing date for this role is 27 April 2019