The Department of Sociology, Faculty of Social Sciences, University of Copenhagen, invites applications for one or more positions as Associate Professor in Sociology. The position(s) will be available from September 1st, 2019 or as soon as possible thereafter.
Appointment as Associate Professor requires research and teaching qualifications at the level that can be achieved by satisfactorily completing a period of employment at the level of assistant professor or equivalent.
Emphasis will be put on the applicant’s qualifications in relation to
• The proven ability to consolidate a strong research profile, including publications in leading international, peer-reviewed journals, possibly supplemented with research monographs with high ranking academic publishers
• The proven ability to deliver high quality teaching
• The ability to attract and conducti externally funded research projects
• The ability to support the department’s ambition to strengthen its international standing and outreach through participation in international networks and international research collaboration
• Experience in research dissemination to the public and relevant stakeholders
• The ability to contribute to the development of the department’s different study programmes
General duties attached to the position as Associate Professor are:
• Research within the field of sociology.
• Teaching, supervision and examination of undergraduate, post-graduate and Ph.D. students
• Administrative tasks related to the position as associate professor
• Knowledge sharing with our societal environments
• Research and teaching management
Profile of the applicant(s)
Research and teaching in the department is methodologically and theoretically diverse, and we expect associate professors to be able and willing to engage in intellectual exchanges across a range of topics in the discipline and to be able and willing to teach a reasonably broad portfolio of courses at all levels. The position is open to any specialization in sociology.
The academic life of the department is organized around three broad research groups, and we wish to consolidate our strengths in those areas in the future. The research groups are titled:
1. Welfare, inequality and mobility
2. Knowledge, organization and politics
3. Culture and civil society
Descriptions of the research groups as well as their current members can be seen at the department’s webpage: https://www.sociology.ku.dk/
Applicants are encouraged to reflect in their applications on how their research can contribute constructively to future development and consolidation of one or more of the research groups and the profile of the department in general.
Additional information can be obtained from Head of Department, Janus Hansen, Phone: +45 353 3937 , email email@example.com.
Information about the Department can be found at https://www.sociology.ku.dk/
The deadline for applications, including enclosures is 1 February 2019 (at Noon 12.00 Danish Time)
Please note: Applications cannot be based on this extract. Click here for full announcement.
Part of the International Alliance of Research Universities (IARU), and among Europe’s top-ranking universities, the University of Copenhagen promotes research and teaching of the highest international standard. Rich in tradition and modern in outlook, the University gives students and staff the opportunity to cultivate their talent in an ambitious and informal environment. An effective organisation - with good working conditions and a collaborative work culture - creates the ideal framework for a successful academic career.