Senior Research Coordinator
The Center for Applied Brain and Cognitive Sciences (CABCS) is seeking a Senior Research Coordinator. Under supervision of Principal Investigators, this position will be expected to work both independently and collaboratively to execute human subjects research related to characterizing cognitive performance of individuals and teams working in high stakes environments.
This is a one year limited term appointment with the opportunity of possible renewal based on funding and continued successful performance in the role.
What You'll Do
• Under general supervision of Principal Investigators, executes study protocols in the area of human perception and cognition, recommending modifications where needed
• Coordinates recruitment, screening, scheduling, and consenting of study participants
• Assists in preparing human use protocols for initial and continuing reviews
• Monitors study related supplies and equipment
• Independently executes data collection with specialized equipment, to include EEG, tDCS, fNIRS, eye-tracking, etc.
• Processes and tracks study participant payments
• Organizes and prepares study data; assists in data analysis using a variety of software platforms
• Assists in manuscript preparation and data presentation at professional conferences
• Assists in CABCS tours and demonstrations for visitors and collaborators
• Mentors undergraduate student research assistants associated with projects in the laboratory as required
What We're Looking For
BA or BS in Psychology or related field with a strong experimental background and experience working in a laboratory setting conducting human subjects research. Comfortable working on projects with military and defense implications, including working directly with military personnel to collect data, and working with and managing military-related tools (airsoft rifles, body armor, backpacks).
MA or MS preferred. Experience and training with specialized laboratory equipment, to include eye tracking, EEG, ERP analysis and experience with data analysis programs and software such as Excel, SPSS, MATLAB. Prior experience as a laboratory manager or research assistant is desired. Prior experience mentoring undergraduate research assistants is also ideal
Minimum $21.20, Midpoint $25.45, Maximum $29.70
Salary is based on related experience, expertise, and internal equity; generally, new hires can expect pay between the minimum and midpoint of the range.