A Level D academic is expected to make a significant contribution to all activities of the organisational unit or interdisciplinary area and play a significant role within their profession or discipline. Academics at this level may be appointed in recognition of distinction in their disciplinary area.
The academic will have responsibility for providing leadership, and fostering excellence in research, teaching, professional activities and policy development in the academic discipline within the school, campus and the University.
Specific duties required of a Level D academic may include:
1. The preparation and delivery of lectures, tutorials, practical classes, demonstrations, workshops, and clinical sessions
2. Initiation and development of course materials
3. Course coordination including offering guidance to assistant lecturers and supervision of sessional staff in teaching unit/s if required
4. Consultation with students and supervision of PhD, honours and postgraduate students
5. Preparation and assessment of student assignments and examinations
6. Conduct of original research that will lead to publications in refereed journals or with high level academic or commercial publishers and attract external and government funding
7. Significant role in research project including, where appropriate, leadership of a research team
8. Significant contribution to the profession and/or discipline both nationally and internationally
Key Selection Criteria
1. The appointee will have:
A doctoral qualification and/or recognized significant experience in the relevant discipline area
In determining experience relative to qualifications, regard shall be had to teaching experience, experience in research, experience outside tertiary education, creative achievement, professional contributions and/or contributions to technical achievement. In addition, a position at this level will normally require a record of demonstrable scholarly and professional achievement in the relevant discipline area.
Knowledge and Skills
1. A strong publication record in high-quality journals or equivalent and outstanding contribution to the discipline
2. Successful track record in obtaining external research grants
3. Record of successful supervision of postgraduate research students and the ability to make a significant contribution to postgraduate training programs
4. Demonstrated excellence in teaching in the relevant discipline area (i.e. through evaluations, innovation in presentation and through curriculum development)
5. Demonstrated ability to mentor staff and students
6. High level of interpersonal skills and a proven ability to establish good working relationships with colleagues, students and members of community and professional bodies
7. Demonstrated leadership in committees and other administrative work and portfolios
8. Proven ability to promote the discipline internally within the university as well as externally both nationally and internationally
9. A demonstrated capacity to work in a collegiate manner with other staff in the workplace
1. Travel to other campuses of the University may be required
2. There may be a requirement to work additional hours from time to time
3. There may be peak periods of work during which taking of leave may be restricted
To apply, send your Cover Letter and Resume to email@example.com and quote the job title.
Monash University is Australia’s largest university, and member of the prestigious Group of Eight research intensive universities. Monash consistently rates in the top 100 universities in the world. In the 2018 QS Top Universities ranking, Monash ranked 29 in the world in Business and Management Studies.
Monash University Malaysia is Monash’s third largest campus, with over 8000 students and 800 staff. We are a comprehensive campus offering degrees in business, engineering, medicine, science, information technology, pharmacy, social science and humanities. We are rated among the very best among universities in Malaysia, and the quality of our research output positions us among the very best universities in Southeast Asia.
Monash University Malaysia provides Monash University with a platform for scholarly engagement with the dynamic Southeast Asia region. We are located in greater Kuala Lumpur, in the Klang Valley, one of the region’s industrial hotspots. We sit in the heart of the rapidly developing economic corridor linking Singapore, Kuala Lumpur, Bangkok and beyond. Our education and research is oriented towards deep engagement with this dynamic social and industrial landscape.
In 2018 we celebrated our twentieth anniversary in Malaysia. During this time we have produced more than 16,000 graduates from more than 70 different countries. We provide a diverse and inclusive scholarly environment.
In 2017 Monash Malaysia was awarded a Six Star SETARA rating by the Malaysian Ministry of Education. This places us in the very top "outstanding" cohort of Malaysian Universities.
For further information see www.monash.edu.my.