As part of a diverse community of faculty and staff who represent many faith systems and worldviews, Marian University seeks qualified applicants for an Academic Commons and Interlibrary Loan Librarian to promote our Catholic Franciscan mission and identity by overseeing patron-facing services in the Academic Commons and managing the library’s Interlibrary Loan borrowing and lending services.
Hackelmeier Memorial Library is located on Marian University’s Indianapolis campus. The Academic Commons will open in Fall 2023, will be housed in the library, and will offer tutoring to students across all undergraduate disciplines. Library Services and the Academic Commons will share a help desk and cross-train shared student employees, called Student Ambassadors.
The full-time Academic Commons and Interlibrary Loan Librarian has 2 distinct but connected roles: (1) responsibility for the provision of superior service and the efficient operation of the Academic Commons help desk and (2) performing daily operations and general oversight of interlibrary lending and borrowing.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Actively engage the Catholic Franciscan mission and identity of Marian University by modeling the Franciscan Sponsorship Values and honoring the legacy of the founding congregation through transformative education, unity in diversity, leadership through service, integrating faith and life, and institutional policies.
- Hires, trains, supervises, and schedules Academic Commons Student Ambassadors.
- Coordinates with appropriate Academic Commons staff to certify Student Research Tutors.
- Implements daily operation of Interlibrary Loan and DocLine borrowing and lending processes as well as general oversight of Interlibrary Loan program.
- Oversees technology lending program, including monitoring and resolving long-overdue loans.
- Coordinates with Marian University Business Office to post and resolve student charges.
- Coordinates and promotes Academic Commons Extended Hours scheduling and programming during midterm and final exam periods.
- Maintains statistical data related to building use and Interlibrary Loan.
- Master’s Degree in Library Science or Library and Information Science from an ALA-accredited institution
- Experience with supervising staff
- Experience in library circulation or interlibrary loan
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Applications require a cover letter, a current resume, contact information for three professional references, and responses to the supplemental mission questions.
Marian University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All individuals, including minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
Please Review Marian University’s Mission & Identity Statement before responding to the supplementary questions on your application: