The Simmons University College of Social Sciences, Policy, and Practice invites applicants for a full-time non-tenure track faculty position at the rank of Associate Professor of Practice the Maser of Social Work program in the School of Social Work. Our program seeks applicants to provide instruction in our single-track clinical MSW program clinical practice, particularly in the area of trauma practice with children, adults and families. Experience organizing or delivering intervention to oppressed or marginalized communities are additional sought out skills. Various assignments for non-tenure track instructional and research faculty may include direct instruction, supporting scholarly activities, and service to the University, community, and profession. This is a ten-month, full-time academic appointment, scheduled to begin September 1, 2020. We primarily seek applicants who have extensive experience in the clinical practice community and with prior experience in higher education or professional training. Ideal candidates will also provide evidence of experience working effectively around issues of social justice, diversity, racial equity, and inclusion, with demonstrated capacity to meet the needs of underrepresented students and other marginalized groups. This position requires the candidate to be located on the Simmons campus in Boston.
Simmons University is a small, highly collegial and dynamic university located in the heart of Boston's world-renowned Longwood Medical Area. Simmons comprises an undergraduate liberal arts education program for women plus professional graduate programs with master's and doctoral degrees for men and women, presenting unique and rich opportunities for interdisciplinary research and collaboration. The campus-based School of Social Work offers degrees at the bachelor's, master's and doctoral levels (BSW, MSW, PhD) and has an innovative online MSW degree, SocialWork@Simmons
- Assume responsibility for classroom teaching in the MSW program. Teaching assignments will include clinical practice courses and electives in the area of trauma and attachment and neurobiology
- Use practice experience to inform teaching
- Participate in curricular development activities with MSW faculty
- Participate in program and college committees and projects as elected or appointed
- Other projects as assigned
Required Application Materials:
- Master's degree in Social Work with a minimum of 5 years post MSW clinical practice experience with traumatic stress
- Strong background in the neurobiological and physiological impact of traumatic stress including single incident and complex trauma
- Currently licensed as an LICSW (or equivalent)
- Experience working with collaborative teams
- Prior higher education teaching or professional training experience.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- High proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, Google docs and a solid understanding for adapting technology in an educational context; willingness to learn new tools and software is desired.
Please upload the following documents with your application; CV, cover letter, writing sample, and names and contact info for three references.
Instructions to Applicants
: Please upload all
applicable application materials (e.g. resume/cv, cover letter, writing sample, teaching philosophy, etc.) in the "Resume/CV" box on page 2 ("My Experience") of this application. Documents can be uploaded individually or as a combined document (e.g. PDF).
Simmons University is committed to inclusive excellence in all aspects of an individual's community experience. As a university committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, Simmons encourages applications from all under-represented groups. Simmons is committed to creating, developing, promoting, and enhancing inclusive hiring practices-at all levels, for all positions-ensuring diverse talent pools and the delivery of a consistent positive candidate experience. Simmons is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to continuing to develop a more diverse faculty, staff, student body, and curriculum.
To apply, visit https://simmons.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/Simmons-Careers/job/Main-Campus---Boston-MA/Associate-Professor-of-Practice--School-of-Social-Work_R06501
Located in Bostons historic Fenway area, Simmons College is a small, private, non-sectarian College which has educated students for enriching careers and purposeful lives since 1899. Working at Simmons means joining a collaborative, diverse and mission-driven community of educators and professionals.
We prepare students to be leaders for themselves, their communities and the world. Our faculty and staff members lead by example - sharing a commitment to excellence and putting the students first.