This is a full-time, 12-month term-appointment reporting to the Director of the Library. This position is involved in all aspects of reference, instruction, collection development, and electronic resources management. This position is a critical part of the Library and Academic Services team.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Reference and Instructional Services
1. Assists students, faculty, and community patrons in locating materials and information needed for assignments and other research purposes.
2. Works with other librarians as a team to oversee all aspects of library reference services, continually assessing the service needs of patrons and maintaining a focus on student success.
3. Perform information literacy instruction and support in-classroom environments in collaboration with other librarians and faculty.
4. Provides instructional technology services, support, and training.
5. Empowers users to access all aspects of the collection and beyond.
1. Collaborate with librarians in all aspects of electronic resource management.
2. Collaborate with librarians in all aspects of print and electronic collection development.
3. Collaborate with library staff on metadata management for all materials.
4. Work with library staff to ensure effective participation in the Federal Depository Library Program.
1. Works with library staff to support, develop and promote Library outreach programming both on and off campus.
2. Works with other campus departments to provide seamless service to the campus community.
3. Work with Academic Services staff to support Academic Services outreach programming.
1. Assist librarians on management of integrated library system.
2. Maintain library special collections, archives, and virtual museum.
3. Stays current on issues and trends in information/library services.
4. Works with library staff to implement support and promote new technology initiatives.
5. Assist library staff in providing high quality service, in circulation, and interlibrary loan.
6. Contributes to the development and pursuit of annual goals/objectives for the library.
7. Provides leadership on campus and in the community.
8. Works as part of the Library/Academic Services Team.
9. Work with Library/Academic Services staff to ensure high quality online communication through web pages, social media, and all online tools and resources.
10. Works with Media Studio team to assist in production of digital audio and video content.
11. Serves on campus and/or professional committees and represents LSSU Library when appropriate.
- MLS from an ALA accredited program.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to learn and implement new technology.
- Demonstrated understanding of established information literacy standards for academic libraries.
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion.
- Demonstrated service-oriented attitude.
- Committed to a culture of diversity, respect and inclusion.
- Evidence of professional initiative and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated teaching ability.
- Ability to communicate with diverse staff, user groups and at all levels of technical ability.
- Ability to work as a positive member in team based environment.
- Demonstrated ability to function independently.
- Six (6) or more months of experience working for a library.
- Available to work occasional evening and weekend hours.
- Minimum of 1 year work experience working in a library.
- Experience with gauging user needs and ability to recommend solutions that will improve library service.
- Experience with managing and/or maintaining digital repositories.
- Experience with information library assessment models.
- Instructional Design training and experience.