The University of Saint Mary is a Roman Catholic, liberal arts university located in Leavenworth, Kansas, just 25 minutes away from Kansas City. For over 90 years, the University of Saint Mary has helped students find their way to meaningful lives and careers through an education that blends the liberal arts and a focus on critical thinking with the development of key professional skills. USM serves about 1,400 students at its main campus in Leavenworth, its satellite location in Overland Park, as well as online.
Has primary responsibility and administrative authority to develop, administer, evaluate, and revise the graduate psychology degree programs at the Overland Park Campus under the direction of the Division Chair. Serves as an initiating authority for policies and curricula for these programs. This position has a maximum 50% teaching load per semester in the graduate program, participates in committee and governance work, and administers the graduate psychology program in coordination with Kansas and Missouri regulatory boards and University divisions and offices.
- Conducts continuous, systematic assessment and evaluation of graduate programs to insure university and program learning outcomes are met. Develops and implements corrective action when necessary.
- Under direction of, and in close coordination with, the Chair of the Division of Social and Behavioral Sciences, develops and advocates policy, resource, and curricular changes and decisions to the Provost/Vice President for Academic Affairs or the Graduate Council as appropriate in accordance with USM governance procedures.
- Maintains liaison with the Kansas Behavioral Sciences Regulatory Board and the Missouri Committee for Professional Counselors to insure all relevant programs under jurisdiction comply with Kansas and Missouri licensure statutes and regulations.
- Directs and oversees development and scheduling of graduate psychology courses.
- Develops program literature, catalog copy, and internet web pages.
- Recruits and supervises adjunct faculty for the graduate psychology programs.
- Advises graduate students regarding their academic programs.
- Mentors graduate students regarding their professional identity and development.
- Oversees and actively participates in admitting new students and dismissing students who fail to meet required standards.
- Administrative functions are generally performed during normal business hours.
- Generally, teaches up to six credit hours per semester in graduate psychology programs.
- Teaching will generally be done in the evenings, and may include some weekends.
- Assists other divisions with promotion and development of graduate and undergraduate programs.
- Maintains currency and licensure in his/her professional field.
- Serves on the Graduate Council; participates in meetings and other committees as appropriate.
- Performs additional job-related duties as assigned.
- Ph.D. in counseling or counseling psychology
- Graduate degree in psychology.
- 3-5 years of full-time post-secondary teaching experience
-Previous administrative experience
- Preference given for Kansas and/or Missouri licensure in psychology or counseling.
- Experience working with adult and/or graduate students preferred.
- Effective public relations, presentation, and organizational skills with proven ability to lead and manage large and small groups of individuals.
- Affinity with the overall mission of the University of Saint Mary.
- Proven ability to work independently as well as part of a team in a professional and confidential manner.
Submit a cover letter, resume and contact information for at least three current professional references.