Seeking a Lab Manager in the Department of Psychology at the University at Buffalo (UB) to work in https://ubwp.buffalo.edu/selfandmotivationlab/dr-lora-park-principal-invest…. Lora Park’s Self and Motivation Lab".
In addition to coordinating and managing various studies being conducted in the Self and Motivation Lab, the Lab Manager will be responsible for overseeing key aspects of a nationally funded grant project examining the effects of math instructors’ feedback on college students’ academic outcomes.
The lab manager will work closely with the lab director, Dr. Park, to coordinate logistics of the grant, program online surveys using Qualtrics software, manage data collection, assist with coding and analyses, train instructors on how to give different types of feedback, and respond promptly to questions from faculty and students about aspects of the project. The lab manager will also assist with creating a website to disseminate the findings of the project and will gain valuable experience and skills in assisting with all aspects of the research process, from designing and implementing studies to assisting with analyzing and writing up studies for reports and publications.
Job Duties Include:
- Coordinate project logistics (e.g., scheduling, recruiting, keeping in contact with research team members, instructors, participants)
- Program online surveys using Qualtrics software
- Organize and manage various databases; keep track of participants across databases
- Attend research team meetings to discuss aspects of the studies
- Assist with ongoing projects in the lab
- Assist with Institutional Review Board protocols and submissions
- Assist with participant payments, reimbursements, grant management
- Assist with annual reports to funder and IRB
- Assist with website creation and management
- Assist with gathering articles and conducting literature reviews
- Assist with publication writing and presentation preparations
Outstanding Benefits Package
Working at UB comes with benefits that exceed salary alone. There are personal rewards including comprehensive health and retirement plan options. We also focus on creating and sustaining a healthy mix of work, personal and academic pursuit – all in an effort to support your work-life effectiveness. Visit our benefits website to learn about our http://www.buffalo.edu/administrative-services/for-faculty-staff/benefits/r… packages.
The University at Buffalo is SUNY’s most comprehensive public research university, and an outstanding place to work. UB amplifies ambition for faculty and staff by offering endless possibilities to achieve more. Here, people from all backgrounds and cultures challenge and inspire each other to discover, learn and succeed. Dedicated staff and engaged faculty collaborate to further knowledge and understanding, and develop tenacious graduates who are valued for their talents and their impact on global society. Visit our website to learn more about the http://buffalo.edu/University at Buffalo.
As an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer, the Research Foundation will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin and veteran or disability status.