The Department of Psychology at Northern Illinois University invites applicants with expertise in Social Psychology to apply for a tenure-track Assistant Professor position in our joint Social and Industrial-Organizational Psychology program, beginning in Fall 2020.
Northern Illinois University’s Psychology Department is in the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences and includes 24 full-time faculty members. The department offers a terminal M.A. degree in School Psychology and Ph.D. degrees in Clinical Psychology, Cognitive Psychology, Developmental Psychology, Industrial-Organizational Psychology, Neuroscience and Behavior, School Psychology, and Social Psychology. Further information about the joint Social and Industrial-Organizational Psychology program can be found at https://www.niu.edu/psychology/academics/graduate/social/index.shtml.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Contributing to the joint Social and Industrial-Organizational Psychology program;
- Supervising dissertations and theses;
- Teaching graduate and undergraduate courses;
- Actively seeking extramural funding for research;
- Serving as a role model for Ph.D. students in a program that values research, teaching, and service.