Old Dominion University’s Darden College of Education and Professional Studies is inviting applications for two tenure track positions at the Assistant or Associate Professor rank in the Library & Information Studies program. The department is committed to recruiting, supporting, and fostering a diverse community of outstanding faculty, graduate students, and staff. The successful candidates will hold a 10-month, academic year position and will contribute to the advancement of our Master of Library & Information Studies program with a commitment to academic excellence in research and teaching.
The primary responsibilities for this position are to:
- Produce high quality research for publication in top-ranked journals;
- Teach and develop graduate level, distance-education courses in librarianship and information studies;
- Contribute to systematic planning and development of the library and information studies program;
- Seek external funding opportunities to support scholarly activities, and;
- Participate in the professional and intellectual community through professional and university service.
July 25, 2024
- Strong potential or history of research and scholarly activities;
- Demonstrated or potential ability to teach one or more of these MLIS Core classes: Knowledge Organization, Knowledge Resources, Library Management & Leadership.
- Candidates interested in the senior faculty position must have the requisite scholarly record to warrant a tenured appointment in the department
Minimum Qualifications - Education or training
An earned doctorate from a regionally accredited university in library/information sciences or a related field by August 1, 2024.
Minimum Qualifications - Special licenses, registration or certification
- An MLS/MLIS from an ALA accredited program;
- A record of service and leadership in the profession;
- A demonstrated commitment to diversity;
- The ability to work collaboratively;
- Experience with effective and innovative online, asynchronous instruction;
- A record of peer-reviewed publications and/or external grant experience;
- Interest and experience in research and teaching in new and emerging areas of library and information studies; and
- Professional and/or teaching experience in libraries, archives, or information organization.