Recently embarking on a historic $2.1 billion campaign, the University of Kentucky set an ambitious path to be a destination for students, scholars, and healthcare providers to forge new discoveries and arrive at world-class outcomes. University of Kentucky Libraries is vital to fulfilling the goals of enhancing and expanding the university’s research enterprise, and we are looking for an Assessment and Organizational Effectiveness Librarian to develop, implement, and lead a comprehensive assessment program. Reporting to the Dean of Libraries, the Assessment and Organizational Effectiveness Librarian will identify key methods, techniques, benchmarks, and metrics for determining the success and effectiveness of major activities and programs throughout the Libraries. The successful candidate for this position will facilitate a culture of assessment in the following ways:
● Assume a leadership role in developing, implementing, coordinating, and analyzing the results of assessment programs for the Libraries, including the identification of appropriate approaches, measures, techniques, and tools.
● Collaborate with library leadership in identifying and prioritizing assessment needs and developing initiatives to address those needs.
● Identify, develop, and administer instruments and approaches to identify user needs and measure library-user satisfaction levels.
● Analyze, interpret, and present the results of assessment and evaluation activities.
● Manage data collection for annual reporting and survey responses required of the Libraries by the university, as well as regional and national organizations and agencies.
● Assist internal units with assessment methodologies.
● Collaborate with marketing and communications to deliver and promote the libraries impact, values, and benefits.
● Participate in shared governance of the University of Kentucky by serving on library, departmental/college, and university committees as appropriate.
● Pursue scholarship, professional development and service activities to further the University of Kentucky and broader profession, and to also meet requirements for tenure and promotion.
Position is a full-time, 12-month, tenure-track position. Recently recognized as one of the best employers in higher education by The Chronicle of Higher Education and ranked among America’s Best Employers and Best Employers for Diversity by Forbes Magazine, the University of Kentucky strives to create an environment where all staff and faculty are embraced and supported. Employees are offered a wide array of excellent benefit options. Library tenure-track faculty are also eligible to receive a generous relocation allowance, start-up funding for research, and annual professional development/travel funds.
The University of Kentucky is a public, land grant university of approximately 32,000 students, 3,500 faculty, and 15,000 staff dedicated to improving people’s lives through excellence in education, research and creative work, service, and health care. With over 200 academic programs across sixteen colleges and professional schools, the University plays a critical leadership role by promotion diversity, inclusion, economic development, and human well-being. Located in the beautiful bluegrass region of central Kentucky, the University of Kentucky Libraries includes the main William T. Young Library, Medical Center Library, Special Collections Research Center, Agricultural Information Center, Fine Arts Library, Design Library, Education Library, Lexmark Library, and Science & Engineering Library. Combined library holdings total more than four million volumes. The system has a faculty of 50 and a support and professional staff of 86. UK Libraries currently uses the Ex Libris Alma and Primo systems. UK Libraries memberships include the Association of Research Libraries, LYRASIS, ASERL, and the Center for Research Libraries. UK is a regional depository for government publications.
To apply, interested applicants must complete an application and attach two documents:
- Curriculum vitae
- Cover letter
Please include contact information for three references when prompted in the application. We ask that one of the references be your current supervisor.
The application deadline is March 10th, 2020.