The Department of Economics
at the University at Buffalo, The State University of New York, seeks to hire multiple applied microeconomists and applied econometricians committed to excel as teachers and as research scholars in the following fields:
• Health economics (JEL classification I1),
• Labor and Demographic economics (JEL classification J),
• Urban, Rural, Regional, Transportation economics (JEL classification R),
• International economics (JEL classification F)
Candidates are expected to teach at the undergraduate, masters, and PhD levels, and be active researchers who are developing a strong publication record and scholarly reputation in economics.
Responsibilities of an Associate Professor (tenure-track, academic-year commitment) include:
• advancing an independent research program
• teaching 2 courses per semester (4 per year); mentoring graduate students
• participating in service at the department, university, and discipline levels
Applications received by December 2, 2022, will receive priority consideration. Positions will remain open until filled. If you have questions, please email them to firstname.lastname@example.org
and indicate Associate Professor in the subject of the email.Outstanding Benefits Package
About The University at Buffalo
The University at Buffalo (UB) is one of America’s leading public research universities and a flagship of the State University of New York system, recognized for our excellence and our impact. UB is a premier, research-intensive public university dedicated to academic excellence. Our research, creative activity and people positively impact the world. Like the city we call home, UB is distinguished by a culture of resilient optimism, resourceful thinking and pragmatic dreaming that enables us to reach others every day. Visit our website to learn more about the University at Buffalo
University at Buffalo is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and, in keeping with our commitment, welcomes all to apply including veterans and individuals with disabilities.