Search for University Jobs in Social Sciences
Part-Time TSIA Tester, Huntsville Center
Part-Time TSIA Tester, Huntsville Center
$15.00 per hour
Job Summary/Basic Function:
The Huntsville Center offers a variety of academic and technical correctional education programs to TDCJ offenders. This is a Test Proctor position within a correctional environment with an all-male offender population. Offenders are required to meet academic and security requirements for enrollment consideration.
Test proctors are hired in a part-time capacity on an as-needed basis and are contingent upon the needs of the College.
The TSIA Tester will oversee all TSIA pre-assessment and testing sessions.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Pick up testing material in the LCHC office, take it to the unit and administer the exam, and bring testing material back to the office for processing.
- Proctor a college entrance exam - Texas Success Initiative (TSI) - on TDCJ units in the Huntsville area.
- Monitor pre-assessments which are three (3) hours in length and TSI tests are six (6) hours in length and administered on different days and at different times.
- Maintain confidentiality and security of all testing materials, tests logs, and other test documents.
- Work with the Huntsville Center counseling staff to prepare and process testing material.
- Administer the exams according to the required guidelines.
- Keep accurate student accounting in compliance with TDCJ and Lee College requirements.
- Work with offender students in a prison setting.
- Read and become familiar with all LCHC rules and programs and share with offenders.
Additional duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Benefits do not accrue with this part-time position. Work schedule is not to exceed 19.5 hours per week. This is a security-sensitive position. Candidate must pass criminal background screening with Lee College and Texas Department of Criminal Justice (TDCJ).
Lee College does not discriminate on the basis of gender, disability, race, color, age, religion, national origin, or veteran status.
- High School Diploma or equivalent (GED)
- Must be able to pay close attention to details, maintain an atmosphere appropriate for testing, and be vigilant about the prevention of cheating.
- Must be able to travel. This position requires travel to the Huntsville Center, assigned prison units, service area for the college, and out of town to attend training, conferences, etc.
- Candidates must pass a criminal background check by the Texas Department of Criminal Justice (TDCJ)
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule, including evenings when required.
- Previous experience working in a higher education setting
- Previous experience working with offenders
Huntsville Campus - Huntsville, TX
If other, provide location:
Must travel to prison units as needed.
Open Until Filled:
Special Instructions to Applicants:
This position requires applicants to attach the following documents: resume, cover letter, and copies of transcripts for all completed college work. (Official transcripts required upon employment.)
In addition, applicants must include a minimum of three (3) professional references on the online application.
Please do not mail, email, fax, or deliver any documents outside of the electronic application process.
To apply, visit https://jobs.lee.edu/postings/6987
Lee College is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, which encourages applications from qualified females, minority groups, veterans, and disabled individuals. It is the policy of Lee College to fully comply with the equal opportunity provisions of all applicable regulations and not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of gender, disability, race, color, age, religion, national origin, or veteran status in areas such as recruitment, selections, training, promotion, demotion, layoffs, terminations, rates of pay, or any other forms of compensation or benefits.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |