The School of Arts and Sciences at the American University in Dubai invites qualified applicants for the position of Assistant/Associate Professor of International Studies in the Department of International and Middle Eastern Studies to begin teaching in Fall 2018.
The successful candidate will have:
- Ph.D. in Sociology from a Western accredited university;
- Regional focus on a region outside of the Middle East;
- Previous teaching experience in a Western higher education system, with high ratings of teaching effectiveness;
- Evidence of scholarly activity or strong potential for scholarly contributions;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; and
- An ability to work collegially within a team of faculty members from diverse disciplines.
Candidates will have evidence of successful teaching experience or must demonstrate significant potential and promise of teaching effectiveness and excellence at the undergraduate level. Additionally, candidates are expected to meet standards for personal professional scholarship, and assist in student advising, curriculum development and other service to the department, school, and community.
The compensation package for this position is competitive and is based on the expatriate model. Besides tax-exempt basic salary, it includes housing, annual two-way airfare, health / life insurance, professional memberships, conference attendance expenses, assistance with children’s tuition, and other components.
The American University in Dubai is a private, non-sectarian institution of higher learning founded in 1995. It serves UAE nationals and international students who seek world-class career-oriented education. AUD, as an international institution of higher education, encourages global understanding by providing an atmosphere of cultural diversity and opportunities for an international education.
Applications will be accepted and evaluated until this position is filled.
Interested applicants must submit the following requirements via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Cover letter
- Updated CV
- Statement of teaching philosophy
- Contact information of three (3) academic/professional references
Alternatively, applicants can submit their application materials to the following postal address:
The American University in Dubai
P.O. Box 28282, Dubai, U.A.E.
No telephone calls please.
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those under consideration will be contacted for a follow-up interview.