Aalto University is an international community of bold thinkers where science and art meet technology and business. We are committed to identifying and solving grand societal challenges and building an innovative future. Aalto University has six schools with nearly 20 000 people, over 400 of which are professors. Our campus is located in Espoo, Finland. School of Engineering is an international unit with nearly 70 talented professors and 3400 full-time students, including doctoral students.
Real Estate Research Group at Aalto University School of Engineering, Department of Built Environment invites applications for
Two (2) Doctoral Researchers in Real Estate Management
We are looking for two excellent doctoral researchers to join the Real Estate Management (REM) Professorship. Real Estate Management is a new professorship in the Real Estate Research Group and chaired by assistant professor Tuuli Jylhä. The REM research at Aalto University focuses on narrowing and slowing the use of resources in the existing building stock through solutions and interventions that provide value with less resources. This includes for example service life extensions of buildings; sharing and co-use of spaces and places; process re-engineering; hybrid working; and user-led REM models. A special interest is on structural reconfiguration of organisational processes and routines to sustain the circular transition. In the open doctoral positions, the focus is on resource sharing and its applicability in the built environment to reduce the overconsumption of resources while supplying human-centric built environment. The doctoral researchers will study sharing in several types of real estate including innovation and co-usable learning environments.
The doctoral researcher will work as researchers in project called Resourceful Sharing. The project provides access and close collaboration and co-creation possibilities with the key stakeholders, thought pilots, workshops and simulations. One of the doctoral researcher will study sharing bottom-up starting from the customer experience in sharing, and the other top-down starting from the ecosystem of sharing. Possible perspectives and frameworks used in the analysis may include (but are not limited to) circular real estate management, user-led REM models, resource efficiency, service design, business model development, servitization, co-creation, process innovations and re-engineering, strategy development, circular transition, and ecosystem thinking.
The Real Estate Research Group has around twenty researchers (doctoral researchers and postdocs) from all fields of Real Estate, including Economic Law, Land Management, Sustainable Real Estate Business, Real Estate Economics and Valuation, and Real Estate Management. We also have close collaboration with several international research units and provide a lively research environment with active peer-support.
You should have
- Conducting PhD research in Real Estate Management (including for example research planning, literature review and related theoretical framework, collecting and analysing data, publishing research findings, writing research papers, presenting the results in international conferences, and doctoral studies of 40 ECTS).
- Close collaboration and co-development with the research project partners and stakeholders.
- Teaching and/or assisting with organizing Real Estate courses (10% of work time).
- May also include participating in other research projects and acquisition of research funding.
What do we offer?
- Master’s degree in engineering & technology, business & management, arts or in another applicable field.
- High motivation and capability to conduct full-time doctoral studies. At the beginning you can also work part time.
- Excellent study performance (B.Sc. and M.Sc.), M.Sc. average grade clearly above the general average.
- Excellent communication skills in English. Skills in Finnish seen as asset.
Starts immediately, in March 2023 or as agreed.
How to apply
The applications for the doctoral candidate position are to be submitted through eRecruitment System (link 'Apply now’) by February 2023 13th, 2023
. Email applications will not be considered. Please note: Aalto University’s employees and visitors should apply for the position via our internal system (Workday -> find jobs) by using their existing Workday user account.
Please, feel free to contact us if you are interested in or if you have any questions.
Required application documents (in a single pdf-file):
- A motivation letter. In the motivation letter, please describe why you are interested in the position and how do you see that your interest matches with the broader research topic of sharing in the built environment.
- Transcript of the study records.
Aalto University reserves the right for justified reasons to leave the position open, to extend the application period and to consider candidates who have not submitted applications during the application period.
For more information
Please contact assistant prof. Tuuli Jylhä (email@example.com
). General information about doctoral studies at Aalto University can be found How to apply for doctoral studies? | Aalto University
More about Aalto University: