Psychology - Developmental Psychology - Cognitive Psychology - General Human Development
The Northwestern Bilingualism and Psycholinguistics Research Group under the leadership of Professor Viorica Marian is accepting applications for a Post-Doctoral position focused on research in bilingualism and the impact of knowing multiple languages on linguistic, cognitive, neural, and developmental processes.
(1) a PhD in Communication Sciences and Disorders, Psychology, Linguistics, Neuroscience, Cognitive Science, or a related field;
(2) experience conducting research with linguistically diverse populations (e.g., bilinguals, multilinguals, second or third language learners, individuals with language disorders) in areas including, but not limited to, linguistic and cognitive processing, audio-visual interaction, neural function, language learning, language and memory, language and cognitive development;
(3) strong writing skills and experience publishing in peer-reviewed journals;
(4) solid quantitative skills (multivariate statistics);
(5) ability to think critically and broadly;
(6) ability to work well both independently and with others;
(7) excellent organizational and time management skills.
Preference will be given to candidates who have experience with (one or more, specify which):
(3) computational modeling,
(4) MATLAB or/and R.
Northwestern University is located in Evanston, IL, within the Chicago metropolitan area, and offers world-class urban, suburban, and rural living possibilities within a close radius for individuals of diverse backgrounds and interests. Salary is competitive and consistent with NIH guidelines. For more information about our research group, please visit http://bilingualism.northwestern.edu/.
To apply, candidates should email a Curriculum Vitae, a one-page research statement, two sample publications, and the contact information of three referees to email@example.com. Finalists will be asked to submit three letters of recommendation. Review of applications will start on August 1, 2019 and will continue until the position is filled. The start date is negotiable between September 2019 and March 2020.
Northwestern University does not discriminate or permit discrimination by any member of its community against any individual on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, parental status, marital status, age, disability, citizenship status, veteran status, genetic information or any other classification protected by law in matters of admissions, employment, housing or services or in the educational programs or activities it operates. Harassment, whether verbal, physical or visual, that is based on any of these characteristics is a form of discrimination.
Northwestern University complies with federal and state laws that prohibit discrimination based on the protected categories listed above, including Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, which prohibits discrimination based on sex (including sexual misconduct) in the University’s educational programs and activities. In addition, Northwestern provides reasonable accommodations to qualified applicants, students and employees with disabilities and to individuals who are pregnant.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.