Search for University Jobs in Social Sciences
Adjunct Instructor - Social Work
Utah Valley University
Adjunct Instructor - Social Work
: Faculty - Adjunct (Variable Hour)
Under administrative direction from the program coordinator, department chairperson, and dean, the individual shall perform some or all of the following duties:
- Designs and teaches assigned courses in field of study;
- Plans, prepares, and follows an approved course of study that includes measurable objectives for each course taught;
*Prepares instructional materials (course outlines, syllabi, exams, mock-ups, visual aids, and instruction sheets) as necessary;
- Instructs, manages, and supervises individual and groups in classrooms, laboratories, and shops through using appropriate teaching methods;
- Evaluates instruction and learning by means of appropriate testing methods;
- Maintains a student-oriented approach to education;
- Recommends students for advancement and graduation;
- Maintains and submits accurate and current reports and records involving student accountability, attendance, performance, and follow-up;
- Coordinates cooperative work experience programs and students as assigned;
- Assists counselors, department chairperson and or program coordinator, faculty, and department staff in maintaining an effective program;
- Serves on committees and attends faculty and other meetings;
Is thoroughly familiar with the academic freedom and professional responsibility statement and adheres to these policies;
- Maintains desirable and safe laboratory, shop, and classroom conditions.
Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with a bachelors degree in the subject matter or a closely related area and two years of teaching or closely related professional experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of subject matter and course content.
- Skill in effective instructional strategies and techniques.
- Effective interpersonal, problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Ability to manage, motivate, and evaluate students and instruction.
- Ability to communicate both orally and in writing.
Graduation from an accredited college or university with a masters degree in Social Work or a closely related area AND one year of teaching or closely related professional experience.
DOQ: www.uvu.edu/hr/compensation (for salary schedules)
Review Start Date:
Open Until Filled:
Special Instructions to Applicant:
Adjunct faculty are hired on an as needed basis for a semester appointment only.
This position is posted on a continuous recruit basis. This means that applications are accepted even though there may not be a position currently available.
To apply, visit: https://www.uvu.jobs/postings/13592
Employment decisions are made on the basis of an applicants qualifications and ability to perform the job without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age (40 and over), disability, veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth, or pregnancy-related conditions, genetic information, or other bases protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |