Job Vacancies at Sultan Qaboos University, Oman
College of Economics and Political Science
For Fall 2020, starting in September 2020
At the Assistant Professor, Associate Professor and Professor levels in Department of Political Science.
Sultan Qaboos University, the national university of the Sultanate of Oman, provides, through its nine colleges and other units, a variety of undergraduate and graduate programs, research and outreach services. The University is located in the capital area and close to excellent international schools and unique natural recreational areas. Apart from an attractive competitive tax-free salary, SQU offers free furnished accommodation, free medical care including access to hospital and a family clinic on campus, excellent recreational facilities on campus, end of service gratuity, subsidized schooling for up to two children (conditions apply), 60 days’ annual leave with return tickets, up to 28 days’ research leave (conditions apply), an initial two-year contract followed by rolling three-year contracts.
SQU is one of the top 500 universities in the world, EQUIS accredited, and on the best in the Gulf and the top university in Oman. Visit http://www.squ.edu.om/ and https://www.squ.edu.om/ceps/About-CEPS/CEPS-Vacancies for more information. SQU is strongly committed to equity and diversity and seeks a broad spectrum of candidates in terms of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age and disability status.
Positions will remain open until filled, but applications received before 15th February 2020 will receive priority consideration. The University reserves the right not to make an appointment in any particular case. Those candidates who have already submitted their applications in the past 6 months should not re-apply again.
Position Requirements: Department of Political Science
The Department of Political Science within the College of Economics and Political Science, Sultan Qaboos University, invites qualified candidates to apply for the positions. The position requires:
- Candidates should have a PhD in political economy or related areas from an internationally recognized university.
- Candidates should be able to teach the following courses: Statistics for Political Science, Research Methods and Social Media Tools.
- Candidates should be able to teach at undergraduate and postgraduate levels International Relations and Security Studies) and supervise MA and PhD Thesis.
- Candidates should be active researchers in their area of specialization and intellectually engaged in their discipline
- Candidates for Associate and Full Professor level should have an outstanding scholarship record.
- Candidates should be participating members of the university, professional and local communities.
Applications must include:
1. Online Application form at: https://jobs.squ.edu.om/JobListing.aspx
2. Cover letter
3. Current Curriculum Vitae,
4. Statement of research interests,
5. Philosophy of teaching,
6. Teaching evaluations (if available), (2, 3, 4 and 5 should be in one file)
7. Three letters of recommendation (will be asked later for short-listed applicants)
8. Copies of all degree and experience certificates
9. To apply, please complete online form and submit all the above documents at: jhttps://jobs.squ.edu.om/JobListing.aspx