Search for University Jobs in Social Sciences
Clinical Assessor, LCSW, LCPC/Clinical Psychologist, LMFT (38841)
Northern Illinois University
This is a position in the Congregate Care Assessment Program (CCAP) of the Illinois Department of Children and Family Services (IDCFS) under a contract with Northern Illinois University. CCAP Clinical Assessors conduct independent assessments of youth in care to determine if a Qualified Residential Treatment Provider (QRTP) placement is appropriate. Children placed with a QRTP have significant emotional and behavior concerns. These children are considered to be at high risk of serious harm toward self or others.
Generous benefits and opportunities to work remotely.
Clinical Assessors conduct in-depth assessments of children and adolescents to determine whether placement in a residential treatment facility is appropriate. Successful candidates are passionate about promoting positive outcomes for children and enjoy working as part of a diverse team of professionals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Conducts highly specialized assessments of individual children and adolescents at their placement sites, which may include obtaining input from staff at the placement site who have knowledge of the individual. The assessment should provide a diagnostic impression (i.e., uses DSM-5 criteria) of the child’s psychiatric state including their affect (i.e., symptoms of depression, mania, and anxiety), thought content (e.g., illogical, homicidal, or suicidal thoughts), and behaviors (e.g., impulsivity, withdrawn behaviors, agitation);
- Completes thorough and accurate clinical documentation and shares with appropriate entities and supervisors in a timely manner (e.g., Illinois Medicaid – Child and Adolescent Needs and Strengths [IM-CANS]);
- Integrates information from clinical assessments, case file review, and documentation provided by other providers into written forensic reports that are informed by Illinois and Federal statutes used by Juvenile Court Judges to make a determination on the status of a placement;
- Takes a leadership role in IDCFS clinical meetings or court proceedings (e.g., family meetings, report staffing, court hearings, and priority clinical staffing).
Minimum Required Qualifications (Civil Service)
Specialty Factors (Civil Service)
Preferred Qualifications (Civil Service)
Minimum Required Qualifications (SPS)
- Master’s degree from an accredited university in a clinical or related area of study, such as social work, counseling, clinical psychology, or community counseling;
- Active clinical professional license issued by the State of Illinois that allows for independent clinical practice; Licensed Clinical Social Work (LCSW), Clinical Psychologist, Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor (LCPC), Licensed Marriage and Family Therapy (LMFT). Will consider license eligible LPCs and LSWs;
- At least there (3) years of experience working with youth 6 – 18;
- At least three (3) years of supervised experience conducting psychotherapy or clinical mental health assessments, which included conducting mental status examinations;
- Demonstrated knowledge of the DSM-5 Diagnostic and Statistical Manual.
Additional Requirements (SPS)
Preferred Qualifications (SPS)
- Experience working in a residential facility;
- Experience using clinical screening tools;
- Experience providing trauma-informed care is preferred;
- Knowledge of empirically validated behavioral health treatments;
- Experience assessing children and adolescents;
- The ability to conduct mental health assessments in Spanish;
- Certification or a credential to engage in clinical work with specialty populations;
- Experience working with DCFS or a government agency providing mental health services;
- Experience testifying in court;
- Training or experience conducting psychological evaluations.
- The position requires considerable typing and the ability to type 20 words per minute.
- Clinical Assessors must be able to spend a minimum of 2 hours driving per trip and the ability to drive a minimum of 120 miles per trip.
- Clinical Assessors must be able to handle a laptop and bag weighing approximately 15 pounds.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |