Assistant Director of Field Education, School of Social Work (SWSimmons)
Main Campus - Boston, MA
Simmons School of Social Work offers degrees at the bachelor's, master's and doctoral levels (BSW, MSW, DSW, PhD). The MSW degree is offered through both our traditional on ground program and via our innovative online platform, SocialWork@Simmons (SW@S)
. The Assistant Director of Online Field Education collaborates with the Online Field Education Director in anticipating and responding to complex needs of the Field Education Department at SW@Simmons
. The particular demands of the SW@Simmons
Field Department are driven by influx of students over 6 starts per year; the onboarding of corresponding numbers of new field liaisons for each start date; ongoing support for field liaisons (including intervention in field-related concerns); and the negotiation of new relationships with field agencies and field instructors in areas of the country that are unfamiliar to Simmons.
Simmons University is committed to inclusive excellence in all aspects of an individual's community experience. As a university committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, Simmons encourages applications from all under-represented groups. Simmons is committed to creating, developing, promoting, and enhancing inclusive hiring practices at all levels, for all positions, ensuring diverse talent pools and the delivery of a consistent positive candidate experience. Simmons is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to continuing to develop a diverse faculty, staff, student body, and curriculum.
Simmons University is a small, highly collegial and dynamic university located in the heart of Boston's world-renowned Longwood Medical Area. Simmons is comprised of an undergraduate liberal arts education program for women and those who identify as women, plus professional graduate schools with masters and doctoral programs for all genders, presenting unique and rich opportunities for interdisciplinary research and collaboration. The School of Social Work is part of the College of Social Sciences, Policy, and Practice.
This is a full-time twelve-month position with faculty rank at a level commensurate with a candidate's experience (Associate or Professor of Practice). This position can be remote or located on our Boston campus.
- Assist Field Director in designing and implementing department policies and initiatives.
- Assist Field Director in attending to matters of curriculum, including course and syllabus development, including the online Field Education Lab.
- Participate in weekly Field Department meetings and update the database of all students in the field regarding problems and steps toward resolutions.
- Review and update materials for field liaison orientation and training to ensure current information and effective teaching approaches.
- Lead placement team training with our online partner, including identifying needs and training strategies; deliver training and consultation.
- Orient, supervise, and provide ongoing consultation for up to 20 adjunct field liaisons.
- Mediate and conduct student support meetings, where necessary, to resolve field-related concerns for all assigned adjunct field liaisons.
- Collaborate with the academic advising team and instructors, to address academic issues as they relate to field placement.
- Assist in facilitating monthly team meetings with field liaisons.
- Directly advise up to 15 students per placement term, including collaboration with field instructors.
- Collaborate with and consult the placement team on general issues related to placements and placement process as well as individual student concerns.
- Participate in weekly placement meetings with the field department and online partner placement managers; collaborate to resolve placement issues; identify areas for improvement in systems and operations and contribute to solutions.
- Consult on, review, and approve placement sites and field instructors.
- Participate in weekly SW@Simmons core team meetings and lead and/or participate in identified workgroups connected with core team functions; participate in monthly student affairs meetings with the Director of Accessibility Services.
- Contribute to program and School committees and projects, including those designed to align SW@Simmons with the on ground MSW program.
Required Application Materials:
- MSW from CSWE accredited program
- Highest level of licensure in the state where applicant practices
- 5+ years supervision experience of MSW students
- 5+ years administrative experience
- Previous field education experience preferred
- Previous online education experience preferred
To apply, please submit a cover letter, curriculum vitae, and writing sample. In addition, please submit the names and contact information of three professional references. Screening of applicants will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Instructions to Applicants
: Please upload all
applicable application materials (e.g. resume/cv, cover letter, writing sample, teaching philosophy, etc.) in the "Resume/CV" box on page 2 ("My Experience") of this application. Documents can be uploaded individually or as a combined document (e.g. PDF).
Simmons University is committed to inclusive excellence in all aspects of an individual's community experience. As a university committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, Simmons encourages applications from all under-represented groups. Simmons is committed to creating, developing, promoting, and enhancing inclusive hiring practices-at all levels, for all positions-ensuring diverse talent pools and the delivery of a consistent positive candidate experience. Simmons is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to continuing to develop a more diverse faculty, staff, student body, and curriculum.
To apply, visit https://simmons.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/Simmons-Careers/job/Main-Campus---Boston-MA/Assistant-Director-of-Field-Education--School-of-Social-Work--SW-Simmons-_R07419
Located in Bostons historic Fenway area, Simmons College is a small, private, non-sectarian College which has educated students for enriching careers and purposeful lives since 1899. Working at Simmons means joining a collaborative, diverse and mission-driven community of educators and professionals.
We prepare students to be leaders for themselves, their communities and the world. Our faculty and staff members lead by example - sharing a commitment to excellence and putting the students first.