In line with the St. Edward's University mission statement the campus is actively engaged in the pursuit of social justice, and candidates must demonstrate an appreciation of and commitment to diversity. An inclusive faculty body is highly valued as we strive to create a diverse learning environment to prepare our students for success in a global and multicultural world.
- The successful candidate will join an active department to teach four courses per semester in psychology.
- Teaching responsibilities will include core courses (e.g., Introductory Psychology, Statistics, Research Methods), with opportunities for teaching specialized topics courses.
- This appointment is for the Fall 2018-Spring 20
About St. Edward's University
- Ph.D. in Psychology required.
- Strong commitment to, and potential for excellence in, undergraduate teaching and collaborative research with students is required.
- Successful candidate must complete an employment and/or criminal history background check.
Founded in 1885 by the Congregation of Holy Cross, St. Edward's University is a private, Catholic liberal arts institution of more than 4,600 diverse students located in Austin, Texas. St. Edward's emphasizes critical thinking and ethical practices, as well as small classes, personalized learning and exciting internship opportunities. The community atmosphere extends to the approximately 800 faculty and staff who work together to make the university a welcoming yet challenging environment for students.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should submit an online application at www.stedwards.applicantpro.com. Please include a cover letter detailing interest, teaching experience, and areas of disciplinary expertise, a Curriculum Vitae, and the contact information for three references in a single (PDF preferred) document. The review of applications will commence on an as needed basis when openings arise.
St. Edward's University is an equal opportunity employer and hires only U.S. citizens and individuals authorized to work in the United States. Applications from minorities and women are strongly encouraged. All applicants are invited to address how they could support St. Edward's commitment to diversity and inclusion. Successful completion of an employment and/or criminal history background check is required.
St. Edward's University is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage women and minorities to apply to our vacancies and hire only U.S. Citizens and documented workers. We do not offer sponsorship at this time.
Reference #: J18069