Nebraska Wesleyan University seeks applications for a full-time, Assistant Professor of Social Work faculty position beginning August 2021. This is a 9-month, tenure-track position in our MSW program which is scheduled to begin in Fall 2021. Candidates may also have options to teach in our thriving undergraduate social work program in both Lincoln and Omaha.
The MSW program will offer evening classes on the Lincoln campus. The ideal applicant for this position will have teaching, experiential, and research-based knowledge regarding the impacts of trauma on clients and constituencies. Opportunities may exist to teach courses in an area of the applicant’s specialization. The candidate will also assist in academic advising, professional development of graduate students, and will complete service roles within the institution.
This is a full-time, benefit eligible position, which includes a comprehensive package including health, vision and dental insurance benefits, retirement benefits, a generous holiday schedule, and undergraduate tuition remission for employee’s dependents among other benefits.
Teaching load will be four courses (3-credit courses) in a traditional semester which consists of eight-week sessions with courses delivered in an accelerated, evening format. The successful applicant will report to the Chair of the Social Work Department. NWU is a liberal arts university whose faculty is expected to excel at teaching and be active in both scholarship and service.
- A MSW degree from a CSWE-accredited program with at least two years of post-Masters social work experience.
- Doctorate in social work or closely related discipline.
- Eligibility for or current certification and/or licensure as a social worker in the State of Nebraska.
- Familiarity with Canvas course technology or similar LMS software is a plus.
- Demonstrated interpersonal and innovative teaching skills are required.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with faculty and students is essential.
- A valid driver’s license and access to transportation are required.
How to Apply:
To apply, please send letter of application addressing qualifications; current curriculum vitae; evidence of teaching effectiveness (such as teaching philosophy statement, syllabi, and/or teaching evaluations); a statement of your commitment to diversity and inclusion, particularly addressing how this influences your teaching; the names of three professional references; and unofficial transcripts at the following URL: https://nebrwesleyan.applicantpro.com/jobs/. Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Please visit the NWU website for more information about our institution: nebrwesleyan.edu