Ahmedabad University in India is seeking to appoint Assistant, Associate, and Full Professors at the School of Arts and Sciences and the Amrut Mody School of Management.
School of Arts and Sciences: Abnormal, Biological, Cognitive, Developmental, Quantitative, Personality, and Social Psychology. Those interested in Behavioural Neuroscience, Cognitive Science, and Behavioural Decision Making are strongly encouraged to apply as we support multidisciplinary teaching and research.
Amrut Mody School of Management: Social Psychology, Industrial Psychology including the new technology industries, Organisational Behaviour, Consumer Psychology, Behavioural Economics, Behavioural Operations and related areas.
Ahmedabad University is a private, non-profit university founded in 2009 by the Ahmedabad Education Society, a non-profit education trust, which over a period of 90 years has set up several renowned institutions. Ahmedabad University is located in the heart of one of India’s most vibrant cities and its educational programmes, from undergraduate to doctoral programmes, are built around a liberal education with a strong interdisciplinary focus. The University is working to develop a strong research focus with a public ethos. The University therefore offers a remarkable opportunity to re-imagine a university in the global academy and within subcontinental traditions of knowledge, and to act as a bridge between the arts, the sciences and the professions.
The successful candidate will be expected to teach courses in their areas of expertise, engage in high-level research, to publish in their specialist field, to seek opportunities for external funding for their research, advise students, and supervise and examine undergraduate and graduate work.
Ahmedabad University is looking for innovative, creative and dynamic individuals, who wish to join an eclectic group of 175 full-time faculty from around the world and a vibrant community of over 3500 students at undergraduate to doctoral levels.
The university offers competitive compensation and benefits and greatly supports professional and personal growth.
Eligibility and Qualifications
- PhD in a relevant field is required (or be close to completion)
- Demonstrate capability for excellent teaching and a commitment to creative pedagogical approaches.
- Record of excellence and potential both in teaching and research, commensurate with their appointment level and stage of career.
Applicants are requested at this stage to submit:
1. A letter stating their interest in a position at the University and outlining briefly their qualifications for it;
2. An up-to-date CV detailing their training, jobs held, university teaching experience, publications, and details of three referees;
3. One representative article or other publication as an example of their scholarship; and
4. A statement of their future research and teaching interests (maximum length, 1000 words).
Applications and enquiries should be made as follows:
1. For those interested in the School of Arts and Sciences to the office of the Dean using the email address firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. For those interested in the Amrut Mody School of Management to the office of the Dean using the email address email@example.com.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
Ahmedabad University is an equal opportunity employer. Ahmedabad University is committed to diversity among its students, staff and faculty and strongly welcomes applications from qualified persons from underrepresented groups regardless of ethnicity, gender, religion, disability or similar status.
Ahmedabad University values the health and safety of its students, staff and faculty. In order to maintain the wellbeing of our community, applicants are strongly encouraged to have themselves fully COVID-19 vaccinated.