Responsibilities will include television station support, radio station management support, and overseeing underwriting activities for KNTU-FM. Courses to be taught include TV and radio broadcast news producing, podcasting, developing digital content for television, radio, and social media, multimedia storytelling, social media for broadcast entities, and new technology in media
The University of North Texas System and its component institutions are committed to equal opportunity and comply with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University of North Texas System and its component institutions do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, and employment practices.
1. A Master’s Degree in relevant field of study is required at the time of appointment.
2. Ability to teach creative non-traditional radio and TV broadcast and converged media content.
3. Experience in television news producing in a professional newsroom setting.
4. Experience in radio producing in a professional newsroom setting.
5. Background in social media for broadcast.
6. Teaching experience at the university level.
1. Prior teaching experience in a student media environment.
2. Two to three years of professional experience.
3. Management experience and practice in a broadcast environment.
Area of Specialty:Radio and Television broadcasting