As a research scientist, under the direction of a researcher, you are responsible for investigation and examination tasks within the research scope or methodology. Tasks may include:
- Engage in research activities
- Evaluate theories and principles
- Perform technical tasks associated with research activity
This is a pooled posting positions are filled on an as needed basis.
Outstanding Benefits Package
Working at UB comes with benefits that exceed salary alone. There are personal rewards including comprehensive health and retirement plan options. We also focus on creating and sustaining a healthy mix of work, personal and academic pursuit – all in an effort to support your work-life effectiveness. Visit our benefits website to learn about our benefit packages.
The University at Buffalo is SUNY’s most comprehensive public research university, and an outstanding place to work. UB amplifies ambition for faculty and staff by offering endless possibilities to achieve more. Here, people from all backgrounds and cultures challenge and inspire each other to discover, learn and succeed. Dedicated staff and engaged faculty collaborate to further knowledge and understanding, and develop tenacious graduates who are valued for their talents and their impact on global society. Visit our website to learn more about the University at Buffalo.
As an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer, the Research Foundation will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin and veteran or disability status
- Requires a graduate degree in the field of study or discipline
- Basic professional knowledge of the disciplinary field and the ability to relate this knowledge to various phenomena under study
- Requires the ability to apply the theory, concepts and principles in the field of study or discipline
- Practical experience gained through an internship or a year’s employment in a professional position