The Department of Economics is one of the largest departments in Arts and Sciences, and Engineering. It has 24 full-time faculty, approximately 14 part-time faculty, a large undergraduate program, graduate program, and PhD program. Office staff assist with student questions, management of the undergraduate and graduate program and other essential department activities. The graduate program has doubled in size in the past 8 years, and we anticipate more growth in the future.
What You'll Do
This is a one year limited term position renewable annually based upon continued funding.
Under direction of faculty or senior research staff, The Assistant Researcher participates in design and development of research study, execution of protocols and plans, data analysis and reporting of results for research projects and studies.
- Participates in formulating research design, methodologies and study protocols
- Assists in maintaining data management systems, reviews data and trains users
- Performs data analysis and interprets results
- Assists in preparation of summaries, reports, manuscripts, presentations and other study literature
- Assists in writing proposals for continued or new funding sources
- Represents research study
- Provides study information and answers questions
- May present information at conferences, seminars
What We're Looking For
- Knowledge and skills as typically acquired by a bachelor’s degree and research experience in related discipline
- Research and data management skills
- Proficiency with statistical software
Minimum $47,800.00, Midpoint $59,850.00, Maximum $71,900.00
Salary is based on related experience, expertise, and internal equity; generally, new hires can expect pay between the minimum and midpoint of the range.