Search for University Jobs in Social Sciences
Assistant/Associate Professor of Criminal Justice (Tenure Track)
Alcorn State University
The successful candidate will teach 12 hour course load per semester related to Criminal Justice per semester, or an equivalent combination of graduate and undergraduate courses advise students, and evaluate student progress towards completion of degree in the department of Social Sciences. Other duties include teaching online courses, students’ advising, university services, and conducting research.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
- Computer skills proficiency is required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Canvas, BANNER, and at least one of the various statistical packages is a plus.
Essential Job Functions
- Ability to teach varied courses in Criminal Justice
- Demonstrate knowledge of instructional strategies and techniques appropriate to teaching, managing, and evaluating students
- Advise Criminal Justice Students about academic requirements and registration for classes
- Contribute to continual program improvement through annual evaluation of program outcomes and objectives
- Assist in ongoing program curriculum development and participate in service to the program, department, and school.
- Actively engage in professional activities related to Criminal Justice and the Department of Social Sciences.
- Actively engage in research .
- Comply with the departmental curriculum, grading standards, student performance data, attendance policy, textbooks choices, and assessment
- Comply with all scheduled due dates regarding teaching, grading, and advising
- Serve in department, school, and university committees
- Comply with all federal, state, and university laws and policies
The candidate must have an earned doctorate in Criminal Justice, Criminology, or closely related field from an accredited institution.
Applicants with 2 or more years experience of on-campus and online teaching experience in a range of Criminal Justice courses are preferred.
Licensing and Certifications
EEO / ADA Statement
Alcorn State University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, or other factors prohibited by law in any of its educational programs, activities, services, admissions, or employment practices.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |