A Level C academic is expected to make significant contributions to the teaching effort of a department, school, faculty or other organisational unit or an interdisciplinary area. An academic at this level is also expected to play a major role in scholarship, research and/or professional activities.
The academic will have responsibility for providing leadership, and fostering excellence in research, teaching, and professional activities in the academic discipline within the school, campus and the University
Specific duties required of a Level C academic may include:
1. The conduct of tutorials, practical classes, demonstrations, workshops, student field excursions, clinical sessions and/or studio sessions
2. Initiation and development of subject material
3. Course coordination
4. The preparation and delivery of lectures and seminars
5. Supervision of major honours or postgraduate research projects
6. Supervision of the program of study of honours students and of postgraduate students engaged in course work
7. The conduct of research
8. Significant role in research projects including, where appropriate, leadership of a research team
9. Involvement in professional activity
10. Consultation with students
11. Broad administrative functions
12. Marking and assessment
13. Attendance at departmental, school and/or faculty meetings and a major role in planning or committee work
Key Selection Criteria – Education/Qualifications
1. The appointee will have:
A doctoral or masters qualification in the relevant discipline area or equivalent accreditation and standing and/or recognized significant experience in the relevant discipline area.
In determining experience relative to qualifications, regard shall be had to teaching experience, experience in research, experience outside tertiary education, creative achievement, professional contributions and/or contributions to technical achievement. In addition, a position at this level will normally require a record of demonstrable scholarly and professional achievement in the relevant discipline area.
Knowledge and Skills
1. Possess a high level of interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team across both the education and service sectors
2. Demonstrated publication record in high-quality refereed journals, conferences equivalent textbooks or teaching resources
3. Demonstrated ability in undertaking outstanding research and leading a research team and project
4. Proven record of obtaining significant external grants for research
5. Demonstrated record of successfully supervising postgraduate research students
6. Ability to work positively and cooperatively with students, internal and external teams and external organisations
7. Demonstrated strong record of teaching experience in a tertiary environment including course coordination
8. Demonstrated ability to motivate, actively engage and educate a given audience
9. Proven ability, commitment and passion for engaging in scholarly and research activities
10. A demonstrated capacity to work in a collegiate manner with other staff in the workplace
Travel to other campuses of the University may be required
There may be a requirement to work additional hours from time to time
There may be peak periods of work during which taking of leave may be restricted
To apply, send your Cover Letter and Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and quote the job title.
Monash University is Australia’s largest university, and member of the prestigious Group of Eight research intensive universities. Monash consistently rates in the top 100 universities in the world. In the 2019 QS Top Universities ranking, Monash ranked 58 in the world in Electrical and Electronic Engineering.
Monash University Malaysia is Monash’s third largest campus, with over 8000 students and 800 staff. We are a comprehensive campus offering degrees in business, engineering, medicine, science, information technology, pharmacy, social science and humanities. We are rated among the very best among universities in Malaysia, and the quality of our research output positions us among the very best universities in Southeast Asia.
Monash University Malaysia provides Monash University with a platform for scholarly engagement with the dynamic Southeast Asia region. We are located in greater Kuala Lumpur, in the Klang Valley, one of the region’s industrial hotspots. We sit in the heart of the rapidly developing economic corridor linking Singapore, Kuala Lumpur, Bangkok and beyond. Our education and research is oriented towards deep engagement with this dynamic social and industrial landscape.
In 2018 we celebrated our twentieth anniversary in Malaysia. During this time we have produced more than 16,000 graduates from more than 70 different countries. We provide a diverse and inclusive scholarly environment.
In 2017 Monash Malaysia was awarded a Six Star SETARA rating by the Malaysian Ministry of Education. This places us in the very top "outstanding" cohort of Malaysian Universities.
For further information see: www.monash.edu.my
The School of Engineering continues to grow rapidly, particularly in the delivery of undergraduate programs, and through the expansion of its facilities and infrastructure. In addressing global engineering challenges of the 21st century, the expansion of research activities in our Malaysian campus is of high priority for the University, reflected by the significant increase of school collaborative partnership with the industry sector, and through the offering of the Higher Degrees by Research, the Master of Engineering Science (Research) and the Doctor of Philosophy (PhD). The School currently has close to 1,500 undergraduate students, consisting of approximately 70 academic staff, and 42 professional and technical support staff.
The School offers the 4-year Bachelor degree in 6 disciplines: Chemical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Electrical and Computer Systems Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Mechatronics Engineering and Software Engineering. These are the 6 core disciplines of Engineering, driven by the strong and growing demand for capable graduates in Malaysia, the Asian region and beyond.
In line with the School Development Plan and to meet the thriving market demand, the school has recently started to offer the Master of Advanced Engineering (Energy and Sustainability), a 1-year Master by coursework program.
For further information: www.eng.monash.edu.my