Job Description Summary
The Alabama Prison Arts + Education Project (APAEP) seeks an instructor to teach LEAD 2000: Foundations of Leadership at Staton Correctional Facility in Summer 2024. This position is a one-semester, non-tenure-eligible position.
APAEP offers a B.S. in Interdisciplinary Studies to incarcerated individuals. LEAD 2000 is the foundational course in their Leadership concentration. The course outcomes for LEAD 2000 are listed below:
- Objective #1: Students will be able to describe their personal leadership style.
- Objective #2: Students will be able to identify different styles of leadership.
- Outcome #3: Students will demonstrate the ability to work with others in a common effort.
- Outcome # 4: Students will be able to critique the leadership style employed in an organization.
The position requires weekly in-person classroom instruction and attendance at a mandatory teacher-training session prior to the start of the Summer semester. The Auburn Summer 2024 semester is May 16-July 29.
- A Master’s degree in Communications, Management, Psychology, Public Administration, Higher Education or relevant field with 18 graduate hours in leadership at the time employment begins.
- Evidence of teaching effectiveness.
- The successful candidate must meet eligibility requirements for work in the United States at the time the appointment is scheduled to begin and continue working legally for the term of employment.
- PhD desired
- Experience teaching underserved populations
Special Instructions to Applicants
Interested candidates should upload their current CV and official transcripts of all graduate coursework. All applications and materials must be submitted by November 30, 2023.