To lead research and innovation in the fields of Family and Child Studies at the University of Sharjah, through leading and developing research and activities in areas such as family cohesiveness, the quality of marriage relations, and child socialization, while enabling family members to better deal with family problems and attempting to reduce the rate of divorce and needs of youth. Able to establish a strong collaboration with all NGOs and governmental entities in identifying challenges in the field of family and child studies and develop solutions in the center for implementations in the community through funded research (impact on the society). In addition to develop a family and child database.
MAIN ACCOUNTABILITIES & EXPECTATIONS
Lead the strategic development of the Family and Child Studies Center to an international standard and ensure that the center’s processes and procedures are in alignment with best practices and UOS’s requirements.
Manage and monitor the center’s strategy and plans and maintain the quality of research and professional activities of the center.
Develop a family and child database for the Emirate of Sharjah that would inform future relevant plans and programs
Prepare and oversee the center’s budget, track expenditures, and ensure that adequate provision is made for all activities, and are within the limits of the budget.
Participate and collaborate in the overall development and administration of the research institute.
Ensure that all researchers under the center are actively participating in key activities including securing research funds for their research groups.
Monitor day-to-day activities in the center and ensure that research processes and workflows are executed correctly and efficiently. As well as develop and prioritize the lines of research for the center ensuring that work tasks are distributed between group members fairly and professionally.
Provide leadership to staff members and research groups in order to build and develop their organizational capabilities, provide them with development opportunities such as training, coaching, etc., as well as report on their performance.
Deliver undergraduate and/or graduate courses related to the field of expertise if requested by the director of RIHSS.
Ensure the availability of all required equipment and/or software as per the University’s policies and procedures and ensure the availability of any necessary maintenance/renew contracts and procedures.
Coordinate with the concerned department(s) in order to provide/purchase any consumables required when needed, in order to ensure productivity and continuity of work tasks in the center.
Provide various reports, strategic plans, budget plans, analysis, statistics and presentations related to the Center for Family and Child Studies when requested by the Director.
Complete any other job-related tasks as assigned by line manager within the expected time limit.
JOB SPECIFIC ACCOUNTABILITIES
1. Develop the section’s operational plans and monitor the effective implementation of same while ensuring that they are in line with other plans from across RIHSS in order to contribute to the realization of the Research and Graduate Studies function’s overall strategic objectives.
2. Supervise the effective achievement of the recruitment services section objectives, set individual objectives, supervise the team’s performance, and support in the development of staff in order to participate in the achievement of the overall RIHSS objectives.
3. Provide on-the-job training and constructive feedback to all subordinates to support their overall personal and professional development in order to contribute in preparing a workforce that drives UOS and achieve its strategic objectives.
4. Organize and supervise the activities and work of subordinates to ensure that all work within the contract management section is carried out in an efficient manner that is consistent with the Research and Graduate Studies function’s operating procedures and operational plans.
5. Motivate subordinates and contribute in identifying opportunities for continuous improvement of systems, processes, and practices while taking into account international leading practices in the contract management spectrum, improvement of business processes, cost reduction, and productivity enhancement.
Systems, Processes and Reports
6. Provide input to enhance and oversee the implementation of the section’s procedures, to ensure adherence to UOS’s regulations.
Excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to prepare professional documents, in both Arabic and English.
Proficiency in MS office applications.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATION & EXPERIENCE
Professor in Social Work \ Family& Children Studies\ Sociology or a relevant discipline from a reputable University.
Adequate years of UAE or international experience in similar role preferably in higher education institutions.
Research leadership demonstrated through recognition by peers, leadership of research teams, and high-quality research funding and productivity record.
Priority to UAE Nationals.
Experience in obtaining funded research and in executing research projects in the related area
Minimum 5 years’ experience in the field
Supervise the preparation and review of the center’s reports and ensure that they are prepared timely and accurately, and meet the RIHSS’s requirements, and standards.
ACADEMIC STAFF MEMBERS
COLLEGES, DEPARTMENTS AND CENTERS
EXECUTIVE DEPARTMENTS (E.G. HR, FINANCE, FMP, ETC.)
Government and private organizations