The incumbent will report to the principal investigator (Dr. Jamie Ostrov) and will assist the Project team with the coordination of the daily functions of the research project, while also supporting the in person and virtual interview and salivary/hair/nail cortisol data collection in local child care centers and the lab (or outside homes as needed).
This position will also involve data coding, entry, and management as well as supporting the qualtrics electronic data collection platform within the laboratory. Incumbent must be able to work independently with moderate supervision, and willing to commit to at least 1 year in the position.
Specific duties include:
Outstanding Benefits Package
- Assist with lab scheduling and recruitment efforts
- Assist in coordination and day-to-day functions of research study
- Assist with participant payments, reimbursements, and grant management
- Assist with annual reports to funder and IRB
- Assist with Institutional Review Board protocols and submissions
- Assist with the consent process of participants
- Assist with structured interviews with children and families
- Assist in supervision of undergraduate research assistants in the laboratory
Preparation and management of qualtrics and electronic collection of teacher and parent reports
- Assist with coding, entering, and analyzing interview and physiological data related to research study
- Assist with the administration of interview and cortisol assessments to children and maintain equipment
- Ship and track physiological specimen for processing at off-site laboratories
- Assist with management of database
- Assist with website management
- Assist with preregistration process for the project related manuscripts
- Assist with publication/newsletter writing and presentation preparations
Working at UB comes with benefits that exceed salary alone. There are personal rewards including comprehensive health and retirement plan options. We also focus on creating and sustaining a healthy mix of work, personal and academic pursuit – all in an effort to support your work-life effectiveness. Visit our benefits website to learn about our http://www.buffalo.edu/administrative-services/for-faculty-staff/benefits/r…
The University at Buffalo is SUNY’s most comprehensive public research university, and an outstanding place to work. UB amplifies ambition for faculty and staff by offering endless possibilities to achieve more. Here, people from all backgrounds and cultures challenge and inspire each other to discover, learn and succeed. Dedicated staff and engaged faculty collaborate to further knowledge and understanding, and develop tenacious graduates who are valued for their talents and their impact on global society. Visit our website to learn more about the http://buffalo.edu/University at Buffalo.
As an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer, the Research Foundation will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin and veteran or disability status.