The Douglas and Judith Krupp Library at Bryant University seeks a reliable, service-oriented person to join our team. This is an exciting opportunity to gain experience in a dynamic, high tech library environment.
This position reports to the Manager of Research & Instruction Services and is accountable for providing support to the librarians and for the management of the Research & Instruction Department during hours when librarians are not available. This position is also responsible for securing the library at closing (1:30am) and general monitoring of the facility.
This is a 12 month, 35 hour a week position with an excellent benefits package. During the Fall & Spring semester, the schedule is Sunday-Thursday 5:30pm – 1:30am. The schedule extends to 2:00am during examination periods. The winter break and summer schedules are variable according to academic sessions and library hours.
This position is best filled by an individual with the following qualifications:
- Previous knowledge of and experience working with library reference materials, including print and electronic resources.
- Positive team player who is prompt, accountable and reliable.
- Ability to work independently, take initiative and focus on high-touch customer service.
- Detail-oriented, excellent organizational and communication skills, and comfort learning and using emerging technologies.
- Previous experience supervising/training student assistants or staff.
- A Bachelor’s degree is strongly preferred.
- Certain requirements are subject to possible accommodation to reasonably accommodate persons with disabilities.