School of Economics and Business at Kaunas University of Technology, Lithuania (KTU) is opening a full professor position to lead the IN4ACT ERA Chair project in research on the economic and managerial impact of future manufacturing (Industry 4.0).
KTU School of Economics and Business is a grant holder of prestigious European Research Area Grant – ERA Chairs – "Industry 4.0 impact on management practices and economics" (http://in4act.ktu.edu). KTU invites candidates for the ERA Chairs holder – an outstanding researcher willing to develop Research Group and contribute for implementation of organisational changes in the institution. The overall objective of the project is to bring structural changes to the KTU School of Economics and Business by improving research excellence, socio-economic impact, international reputation and attractiveness to international talented researchers.
You will hold a professor position at the KTU School of Economics and Business and lead the IN4ACT ERA Chair project. Your mission will be twofold:
1. You will have to develop and implement a research agenda on the economic and managerial impact of future manufacturing (industry 4.0).
2. You will have to achieve the objectives of the IN4ACT project funded by the European Commission Horizon 2020 programme (please find project objectives in website http://in4act.ktu.edu) related with the establishment and management of the ERA Chair. The project will provide you with funding to achieve these objectives, including the recruitment of a team of five researchers that will report to you. You will also be supported by a project team at KTU.
Desired skills and experience
- Doctoral degree in economics, business, management or other related domains
- A recognized expertise and at least 10 years of experience in research related with the impact of industry 4.0 on economics and management;
- High proficiency in research planning and management;
- A proven track of raising private or public research funding;
- Advanced teaching coordination experience at post-graduate and doctoral levels;
- Proficiency in English.
- Lithuanian labour law employment contract;
- Professor title;
- Full-time employment (167.5 hours a month);
- Permanent contract with 6-month initial probation period and a 2-month notice period for resignation or redundancy;
- Gross salary: 38.75 EUR per hour (6,490.63 per month; 77,887.56 per year);
- Annual vacations (excluding national bank holidays): 20 days.
This position is open to any person with the desired skills and experience listed above. No discrimination on the basis of gender, age, ethnic, national or social origin, religion or belief, sexual orientation, language, disability, political opinion, social, economic condition or any other criteria other that skills and experience will be made.
All applicants must apply through the following link (https://in4act.ktu.edu/form) where they must fill their:
- curriculum vitae,
- a cover letter,
- a short research plan proposal (about 1.000 words) for the ERA Chair;
No application outside the form in the linked page https://in4act.ktu.edu/form/ will be accepted. For more information about the process of recruitment, look on website http://in4act.ktu.edu.
Application and employment
- Deadline for applications: March 29, 2019
- Start of the position: October 1, 2019
- Duration of the contract: 4 years
About KTU School of Economics and Business
Vision of the School is to become an internationally recognised centre of competence in the fields of economics, business and management focusing on interdisciplinary research and studies in the Baltic region.
Mission of the School is to contribute to sustainable development of the country and welfare of society by educating responsible future leaders capable of creating and developing economic and social value in the long-term perspective through interdisciplinary research, studies and close interaction with stakeholders.
Mission of research at the School is to make visible impact on the future business and society while applying interdisciplinary approach and meeting high international academic standards of research into economics and management.
- Industrial country with a strong focus on Industry 4.0
- Industrial companies have huge engineering potential with focus on modern management techniques
- Empirical data from the Baltic region are under analysed, therefore researchers have more opportunities to publish their research
- Fast changing society and industry
- Nice culture, nature and friendly people
- High quality of life in the country
Why Kaunas University of Technology School of Economics and Business?
- Interdisciplinarity is embedded into every researcher of the University
- Strong impact on the Lithuania’s industry
- Strong relations with industrial associations and governmental institutions
- Cooperating researchers, willing to grow and ready for challenges
For further information and contacts firstname.lastname@example.org