The Counseling Services department at the University at Buffalo is seeking a full-time embedded general psychologist with specific interest & experience in providing counseling to college students who are experiencing personal and academic concerns. This position will extend our mission by partnering with one of our thirteen academic units located within University of Buffalo Schools and Colleges 3-4 days per week and providing counseling the other days at our other campus locations. The successful candidate will have demonstrated expertise in serving college student populations, operating in multidisciplinary systems, and working independently.
Key responsibilities include:
- Performing individual, group and couples counseling.
- Providing consultations with faculty and staff on student issues.
- Facilitating presentations and educational programming on mental health topics for a diverse student population.
- Providing on-call and crisis intervention.
- Testing and assessment of clients for diagnostic purposes.
- May provide supervision of graduate students in psychology, social work, and mental health counseling.
We are Student Life where student growth is a shared passion. We aim for excellence thinking big and going bold. We pursue our goals tenaciously while stewarding the student experience. We build communities and advance diversity in all forms. We encourage discovery and celebrate success. We are UB.
The University at Buffalo is SUNY’s most comprehensive public research university, and an outstanding place to work. UB amplifies ambition for faculty and staff by offering endless possibilities to achieve more. Here, people from all backgrounds and cultures challenge and inspire each other to discover, learn and succeed. Dedicated staff and engaged faculty collaborate to further knowledge and understanding, and develop tenacious graduates who are valued for their talents and their impact on global society. Visit our website to learn more about the University at Buffalo.
University at Buffalo is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer and, in keeping with our commitment, welcomes all to apply including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Required education, degree, and licensure:
- Completion of all coursework in a doctoral program in Clinical or Counseling Psychology and completion of an APA accredited internship program by the start of position.
- Completion of all doctoral degree requirements in counseling or clinical psychology within 6 months of start date required.
- Expected to earn license to practice psychology in New York State within 18 months of initial appointment date.
- At least one year of university or college counseling center experience.
- Experience working with an ethnically and culturally diverse client population
- Experience working with individuals with persistent mental illness is highly desirable.