Open September 26th, 2019 through Monday, Dec 2, 2019 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
The University of California, Berkeley invites applications for the 20202021 S.V. CiriacyWantrup Postdoctoral Fellowships awarded by the College of Natural Resources.
The S.V. CiriacyWantrup Postdoctoral Fellowships in Natural Resource Economics and Political Economy will be awarded for the 202021 academic year to support advanced research at the University of California, Berkeley. For the purposes of this fellowship, natural resources are defined broadly to include environmental resources. The fellowship encourages, but is not limited to, policyoriented research.
For more information, please visit: http://nature.berkeley.edu/site/ciriacy.php
Basic Qualifications (At the time of application):
- Advanced degree or enrolled in advanced degree program at the time of application
Additional Qualifications (By start date):
- PhD, JD, (or equivalent international degree) required by the appointment start date
- The candidate may have no more than four years of postdegree research experience by start date
Preferred Qualifications (By start date):
- Applications are open to scholars from any social science discipline and related professional fields such as law and planning, who will make significant contributions to research on natural resource economics broadly defined. Preference will be given to proposals whose orientation is broadly institutional and/or historical, and which are conceptually and theoretically innovative. Proposals with a primarily statistical or econometric purpose are not eligible for consideration.
The expected start date for the Fellowship is September 1, 2020. The initial appointment will be at 100% time for one year, with renewal based on performance and funding availability.
Salary and Benefits:
The fellowship is $60,350 annually.
Generous benefits are included: (http://vspa.berkeley.edu/postdocs
). UC Berkeley has an excellent benefits package as well as a number of policies and programs in place to support employees as they balance work and family.
Please visit https://aprecruit.berkeley.edu/JPF02299
Specific questions regarding this recruitment can be directed to Ruxin Liu at firstname.lastname@example.org
The total duration of an individual's postdoctoral service may not exceed five years, including postdoctoral service at other institutions.
All letters will be treated as confidential per University of California policy and California state law. Please refer potential referees, including when letters are provided via a third party (i.e., dossier service or career center), to the UC Berkeley statement of confidentiality (http://apo.berkeley.edu/evalltr.html
) prior to submitting their letters.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status. For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see: http://policy.ucop.edu/doc/4000376/NondiscrimAffirmAct
The Department is interested in candidates who will contribute to diversity and equal opportunity in higher education through their research or teaching.
Job location Berkeley, CA Learn More More information about this recruitment: https://nature.berkeley.edu/academics/ciriacy-wantrup
Requirements Document requirements
- Curriculum Vitae - Your current C.V.
- Cover Letter - 1-2 page cover letter indicating your preferred Departmental affiliation and/or faculty mentor
- Research Proposal - Research proposal not to exceed 10 pages
- Abstract - 1 paragraph abstract
- Publications - Slot 1 - 1 or more recent publications
- Publications - Slot 2 - 1 or more recent publications
- Publications - Slot 3 - 1 or more recent publications
- 3 letters of reference required