Provides clinical and outreach services within the scope of Counseling & Consultation Services (CCS) operations.
Duties and Responsibilities (generally)
a) Provides direct client care, e.g. assessment and individual and group counseling; crisis intervention during office hours and on call
b) Coordinates the Substance Use Education and Intervention Program, providing high-quality treatment and training in the area of substance use assessment and education
c) Works with Student Conduct and Housing to coordinate mandated substance use assessments.
d) Provides consultation to faculty, students, and staff.
e) Provides outreach programming to the university community
f) Provides supervision and training for doctoral interns, practicum students, and graduate students
g) Maintains accurate records in a timely and ethical manner
h) Other duties as assigned
Minimum Required Qualifications for this position
1. Doctoral Degree in Clinical or Counseling Psychology or Master’s Degree in Counselor Education, Social Work, Counseling, Marriage and Family Therapy, or related field.
2. Must be licensed in the State of Illinois in professional discipline within 18 months of hire
3. Considerable clinical experience providing therapy
4. Demonstrated expertise in substance use assessment and treatment.
5. Ability to provide high quality training in substance use assessment and treatment
6. Demonstrated administrative and collaborative skills
7. Experience providing supervision to psychology, counseling or social work trainees/interns.
8. Experience providing outreach
9. Demonstrated commitment to diversity
10. Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Specialty Factors (Additional Required Qualifications)
Education and Experience Preferred
1. Prior experience in a university counseling center is preferred.
2. Demonstrated specialization/training in substance use assessment and treatment (e.g. CADC) is preferred.