A Level C academic is expected to make significant contributions to the teaching effort of a discipline, school, faculty or other organisational unit or an interdisciplinary area. An academic at this level is also expected to play a major role in scholarship, research and/or professional activities.
This position is based at Main Campus, Bandar Sunway.
The appointee will contribute to teaching in the undergraduate psychology courses and potentially the Master of Professional Counselling. In addition, the appointee will be expected to undertake supervision of research projects in psychology. The appointee should have a track record of research in an area of applied psychology. The appointee will also actively contribute toward administrative service and unit coordination within the Department.
Reporting Line: The position reports to Head of Department of Psychology
- Contribute to curriculum development, innovation, enhancement and quality assurance in the undergraduate and postgraduate curriculum
- Develop and deliver innovative and excellent teaching, learning and assessment experiences for undergraduate and postgraduate students
- Conduct high quality research, maintaining an active record of publication and building a profile of grants and PhD student supervision
- Support the development and implementation of a research strategy for Department of Psychology and Jeffrey Cheah School of Medicine and Health Sciences consistent with the research priorities of Monash University Malaysia and Monash University
- Participate in collaborations with other universities and with government, industry and/or civil society to drive research impact and educational excellence
- Support the management of education, research and/or administration in the School through, for example, participation in committees
Key selection criteria
- A doctoral qualification (PhD) or equivalent qualification
- Demonstrated experience in the development of curriculum content
- A strong record of teaching which demonstrates a commitment to educational innovation.
- An excellent research record, with a strong trajectory in publications, grants and PhD/Masters/Honours supervision
- Experience in working with partners in universities, government and/or civil society
- Demonstrated skills and experience in collaboration and teamwork
- Preference will be given to applicants with research and teaching experience in an area of applied psychology such as health, organisational, community, counselling, clinical or applied social psychology
Ensure you are aware of and adhere to legislation and University policy relevant to the duties undertaken, including: Equal Employment Opportunity, supporting equity and fairness; Occupational Health and Safety, supporting a safe workplace; Conflict of Interest (including Conflict of Interest in Research); Paid Outside Work; Privacy; Research Conduct; and Staff/Student Relationships.
Monash University is Australia’s largest university, and a member of the prestigious Group of Eight. Monash is consistently ranked in the world's top 100 universities, reflecting our strong commitment to academic and research excellence.
Monash is a global university, with four local campuses in Australia, as well as international locations in Malaysia, China, Italy, India and Indonesia. A unique alliance with the University of Warwick (UK) sits alongside an array of international collaborations with leading universities and corporations around the world, expanding our global network.
Established in 1998, Monash University Malaysia is Monash’s third largest campus and one of Malaysia's most respected universities. We were awarded a 6-star SETARA rating by the Ministry of Higher Education Malaysia in 2017 and 2019, cementing our position in the very top cohort of outstanding universities in the country.
As a research intensive institution, Monash University Malaysia is Monash's platform for scholarly engagement with Southeast Asia. We offer degrees in arts and social sciences, business, engineering, information technology, medicine and health sciences, pharmacy, and science across seven schools. Our students come from Malaysia and more than 70 countries around the world. We have over 9,000 students and more than 800 staff.
Monash University Malaysia is located in Greater Kuala Lumpur, in the Klang Valley, one of Southeast Asia’s industrial hotspots. We sit in the heart of the rapidly developing economic corridor linking Singapore, Kuala Lumpur, Bangkok and beyond. Our research is oriented towards deep engagement with this dynamic social and industrial landscape, addressing core challenges of sustainable development in the region.
The Jeffrey Cheah School of Medicine and Health Sciences was established in 2005. The School’s vision is to become a leading medical school in Asia, as measured by the quality and impact of its teaching and research, and, through these, to engage with and serve the community. By pursuing this vision, the school contributes to the University’s mission to improve the human condition by advancing knowledge and fostering creativity.
The School offers the Bachelor of Medical Science and Doctor of Medicine, Bachelor of Psychological Science and Business, Bachelor of Psychological Science, Bachelor of Psychological Science (Honours), Bachelor of Medical Science (Honours), Master of Professional Counselling, Master of Biomedical Science and Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) programs. The School is envisaged to introduce the Bachelor of Human Nutrition in July 2022.
Delivery of the medicine program is spread over several locations with the first two years being taught at the Monash University Malaysia at Main Campus in Bandar Sunway, Selangor while the subsequent three years being taught at the Clinical School in Johor Bahru.
For more information, please visit: https://www.monash.edu.my/jcsmhs