The University of Kentucky Libraries Medical Center Library (MCL) seeks a collaborative, proactive, enthusiastic and service-oriented Medicine Liaison Librarian to serve our College of Medicine. The MCL supports the education, research, and clinical programs of the six UK health sciences colleges, UK Healthcare, as well as the wider interdisciplinary biomedical community of the University.
Reporting to the Assistant Director, the Medicine Liaison Librarian serves as a member of the Research, Education, and Clinical Services team. The incumbent is responsible for planning, promoting and providing a broad range of information services, including instruction, consultation, in-depth reference, and research support to faculty, staff, students, clinicians, and researchers.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Actively promote existing library resources, services, and programs to constituents
- Collaborate with faculty, administrators, and researchers to determine needs and to design and implement services, training, and instructional materials to meet information needs in a dynamic environment
- Work closely with clinical teams to provide user-focused services in support of evidence-based practices and demonstrate how knowledge-based resources can be integrated into clinical research and practice
- Develop and deliver course content to support teaching and learning in curriculum-integrated and library instruction settings
- Develop library tutorials, resource guides, and other content aids
- Stay current with medical education trends, curricular structures, and pedagogical methods
- Collaborate with library colleagues on developing and offering research services such as systematic reviews
- Contribute to committees and task forces that benefit from librarian knowledge and experience
- Represent the Medical Center Library as an ex-officio member of the Curriculum Committee for the College of Medicine
- Participate in accreditation processes
- Serve on relevant University and Library Faculty committees, participate in scholarly activity, and represent the library at regional and national meetings
As a member of the MCL faculty the Medicine Liaison Librarian participates in planning and decision-making relating to library services, collections, and resources and also participates in UK Libraries-wide faculty activities. This is a full-time, 12-month, tenure-track position and requires scholarship, professional development, and service that contributes to the effectiveness of UK Libraries, the university, and the profession.
The University of Kentucky is a public, land grant university of approximately 32,000 students, 3,500 faculty, and 15,000 staff dedicated to improving people’s lives through excellence in education, research and creative work, service, and health care. With over 200 academic programs across sixteen colleges and professional schools, the University plays a critical leadership role by promotion diversity, inclusion, economic development, and human well-being. Located in the beautiful bluegrass region of central Kentucky, the University of Kentucky Libraries includes the main William T. Young Library, Medical Center Library, Special Collections Research Center, Agricultural Information Center, Fine Arts Library, Design Library, Education Library, Transportation Library, Lexmark Library, and Science & Engineering Library. Combined library holdings total more than four million volumes. The system has a faculty of 60 and a support and professional staff of 108. UK Libraries currently uses the Ex Libris Alma and Primo systems. UK Libraries memberships include the Association of Research Libraries, LYRASIS, ASERL, and the Center for Research Libraries. UK is a regional depository for government publications.
To apply, interested applicants must complete a UK application and attach two documents:
- Curriculum vitae
- Cover letter
Please also include contact information for three references when prompted in the application. This information may be utilized to solicit recommendation letters for your references within the employment system.
The application deadline is September 28th, 2018