Vacancy Announcement: Open rank tenure-track faculty in Social Work
University: Texas A&M University-Kingsville, Department of Clinical Health Sciences
The Department of Clinical Health Sciences at Texas A&M University-Kingsville is committed to achieving the highest quality of undergraduate and graduate education. Our Social Work program seeks creative, productive, and innovative faculty with a strong commitment to serving students and the community at large.
The Social Work program invites applicants for a full-time, tenure-track faculty appointment to begin in Fall 2021. This position has a nine-month annual service with the possibility of summer teaching. The selected candidate will instruct in both the BSW and MSW programs and is expected to maintain an active program of research, pursue professional development opportunities, and perform department and university service as appropriate. Teaching duties may include day, evening, hybrid, and/or online classes.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until a suitable candidate is identified. Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience. Persons from historically underrepresented groups are especially encouraged to apply.
- Ph.D. or DSW in Social Work (or closely related field)
- MSW degree from a CSWE accredited social work program
- Two years post-MSW (direct/indirect) social work practice experience
- Licensed and/or qualified to be licensed in the State of Texas at the Master’s level
- Strong potential for or evidence of teaching excellence in MSW courses
- Knowledge of and experience in rural social work
- Experience or interest in online teaching and/or learning management systems
- Demonstrated ability to foster learning environments that support the needs of first-generation and non-traditional students
- Demonstrated ability to attract resources, including grants or other external sources of support that advance the university’s mission
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a collaborative environment
- Teach courses as assigned, implementing lesson plans, grading assignments, fostering class participation, and providing support to students
- Pursue an active program of scholarly research and publication
- Engage in a broad range of institutional service
- Participate in professional development activities as appropriate to the discipline
Applicants must apply online at https://tamus.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com and submit a letter of interest, curriculum vitae, unofficial copies of all transcripts, and contact information for three references.
Prior to the issuing of a letter of appointment, official transcripts must be received directly from each degree-granting institution. If transcripts are from an international institution, it is the responsibility of the applicant to have the transcripts translated and evaluated by an approved credential evaluator (AACRAO) at http://www.aacrao.org/internationalforeignEdCred.cfm.
About the University:
Texas A&M University-Kingsville offers a low student/faculty ratio, a collegial working environment, and competitive program support for faculty. While centered in South Texas, the university’s student population represents more than 35 states and more than 43 countries. Ethnically, the campus reflects the demographics of the area, with 62 percent of the students Hispanic, 27 percent White, and five percent African American. About six percent are international students.
For more information, please visit our website at http://www.tamuk.edu/about/index.html.
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution’s verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution’s procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.