Search for University Jobs in Social Sciences
Research & Instruction Librarian
Located in Boston's historic Fenway area, Simmons has a strong tradition of empowering women and challenging traditional gender roles. Simmons University was one of the first higher education institutions to prepare women to become leaders and has evolved to become a university offering a women's undergraduate program and graduate programs open to all.
You're joining our community at an especially exciting time as one of our strategic goals is to become the most inclusive campus in New England. You'll find that people who work here are truly committed to our mission of preparing students to become champions of social justice and leaders in their professions and their communities. This commitment and pride make for a dynamic workplace.
Simmons University is looking for a Research and Instruction Librarian to join our team in Beatley Library. The Library staff provides exceptional service to a diverse population within a strong liberal arts curriculum and highly ranked professional, graduate programs and is committed to the University mission of providing transformative learning that links passion with lifelong learning.
Reporting to the Deputy Director of the Library, the Research and Instruction Librarian joins a team of professionals who provide user-focused services to students, faculty, and staff. The successful candidate should demonstrate an enthusiastic commitment to inclusive excellence, an openness to collaboration and teamwork, and the ability to engage in the development of innovative and responsive approaches to teaching and learning, in both face-to-face and online modalities.
Resume review will begin on September 3, 2019 and continue until the position is filled.
- Develop, design and deliver course-integrated library instruction and assessment in a variety of formats and modalities;
- Cultivate collaborations with students, faculty, and staff across disciplines and programs to promote awareness and use of the Library's collections and services;
- Provide high-quality reference and research support online and in-person;
- Create and maintain research tools;
- Participate in ongoing collection assessment and review;
- Maintain active professional development and engagement.
Required Application Materials:
- Master's degree from an ALA accredited program in Library & Information Science;
- 2+ years of public services experience, preferably in an academic setting;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Strong analytical and organizational skills;
- Committed to excellent customer service;
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently as well as part of a team;
- Ability to work cooperatively and collegially with students, faculty, and colleagues;
- Experience with library and emerging technology;
- Aptitude for innovation;
- Experience developing and delivering Library instruction sessions;
- Experience providing outstanding reference and research support both in-person and in the online environment;
- Experience developing, assessing, and managing print, media, and electronic collections;
- Experience developing and conducting highly effective outreach programs for students and faculty;
- Demonstrated experience in designing print and web-based instruction materials.
Instructions to Applicants
: Please upload all
applicable application materials (e.g. resume/cv, cover letter, writing sample, teaching philosophy, etc.) in the "Resume/CV" box on page 2 ("My Experience") of this application. Documents can be uploaded individually or as a combined document (e.g. PDF).
Simmons University is committed to inclusive excellence in all aspects of an individual's community experience. As a university committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, Simmons encourages applications from all under-represented groups. Simmons is committed to creating, developing, promoting, and enhancing inclusive hiring practices-at all levels, for all positions-ensuring diverse talent pools and the delivery of a consistent positive candidate experience. Simmons is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to continuing to develop a more diverse faculty, staff, student body, and curriculum.
To apply, visit https://simmons.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/Simmons-Careers/job/Main-Campus---Boston-MA/Research---Instruction-Librarian_R06129
Located in Bostons historic Fenway area, Simmons College is a small, private, non-sectarian College which has educated students for enriching careers and purposeful lives since 1899. Working at Simmons means joining a collaborative, diverse and mission-driven community of educators and professionals.
We prepare students to be leaders for themselves, their communities and the world. Our faculty and staff members lead by example - sharing a commitment to excellence and putting the students first.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |