A Level B academic is expected to make contributions to the teaching effort of the university and to carry out activities to maintain and develop her/his scholarly, research and/or professional activities relevant to the profession or discipline.
This position is based at Main Campus, Bandar Sunway.
The appointee will contribute to teaching in the undergraduate psychology courses. In addition, the appointee will be expected to undertake supervision of research projects in psychology. The appointee should have a track record of research in an area of psychology relevant to the Department’s research and education. The appointee will also actively contribute toward administrative service and unit coordination within the Department of Psychology.
Reporting Line: The position reports to Professor and Head, Department of Psychology
Supervisory responsibilities: Not applicable
Financial delegation and/or budget responsibilities: Not applicable
- Contribute to curriculum development, innovation, enhancement and quality assurance in the undergraduate and postgraduate units
- Deliver innovative and excellent teaching, learning and assessment experiences for undergraduate and postgraduate students
- Conduct original research, developing an active record of publication and starting to build a profile of grants and supervision
- Participate in collaborations with other universities and with government, industry and/or civil society to drive research impact and educational excellence
- Support the management of education, research and/or administration in the School through, for example, participation in committees
Key selection criteria
- A doctoral qualification (PhD) or equivalent qualification
- Demonstrated ability to teach in a university environment
- Demonstrated ability to produce excellent research and supervision of Undergraduate/Honours students
- Demonstrated ability to work with partners in universities, government and/or civil society
- Demonstrated skills and experience in collaboration and teamwork