Vacancy Announcement: 1 Tenure-Track Position at the rank of Assistant Professor
University: Texas A&M University Kingsville, Social Work Program, Department of Clinical Health Sciences
Location: Kingsville, Texas
Position Deadline: Open Until Filled
Job Posting #: R-011317
Texas A&M University-Kingsville, Department of Social Work is committed to achieving the highest quality of graduate and undergraduate social work education and is currently seeking applicants to fill 1 position at the assistant level to teach primarily in the new Clinical/Activist MSW program. The new Clinical/Activist MSW program supports strong MSW education in rural social work. Texas A&M University- Kingsville offers a low student/faculty ratio, a wonderful collegial environment, and competitive program support for faculty. Must be willing to teach evenings and weekends.
We invite applications for one tenure track professor:
One Assistant Professor full time (1.0 FTE) nine-month faculty positions to teach both MSW and BSW courses.
ABD candidates are encouraged to apply; but are expected to have an earned doctorate in social work or related field from an accredited college or university at the time of appointment.
Review of applications will continue until the position is filled. Persons from underrepresented groups are especially encouraged to apply. The successful candidates will have documented evidence in the following areas and meet the following criteria:
- MSW from a CSWE accredited social work program
- Minimum 2 years post MSW indirect (direct) practice experience and expertise
- Licensed and/or qualified to be licensed in the State of Texas at the Master’s level
- PhD in social work or a related field
- Strong potential for funded research and scholarship
- Strong potential for or evidence of teaching excellence in MSW and BSW , policy, research, and community development courses
- Experience in teaching hybrid or fully online courses
- Experience in rural social work and/or work with Mexican heritage populations
- Ability to liaise student field practicum and serve as academic advisor
- Ability to foster learning environments that support the needs of first generation and non-traditional students
- Knowledge and experience in social/community development with underserved populations
This environment is rich in potential for numerous collaborative opportunities with community agencies, across disciplines and to develop expertise in rurality social work practice areas for graduate and undergraduate students. The social work department is seeking creative, productive, innovative applicants with documented experience in teaching (first generation college students), indirect practice, grant writing and program and community development. Classes are offered in evening and weekend format.
Salary is competitive and will be commensurate with experience. Applicants must apply online at http://javjobs.tamuk.edu and submit a letter of interest, curriculum vitae, three (3) letters of reference, and copies of all transcripts.
Prior to the issuing of a letter of appointment, official transcripts must be received directly from each degree-granting institution. However, if transcripts are from an international institution, it is the responsibility of the prospective faculty member to have the transcripts translated and evaluated by an approved credential evaluator (AACRAO) at http://www.aacrao.org/internationalforeignEdCred.cfm.
Please contact Robert Villa at email@example.com for further information. Dr. Villa can be reached at Office: 361-593-4750 or Cell: 575-513-8943