Work type: Full time – Fixed term/Contract, Part time – Fixed term/Contract
Location: Vietnam – Ho Chi Minh
RMIT Vietnam – a campus of RMIT University – is part of a global university of technology, design and enterprise. Our mission is to help shape the world through research, innovation, teaching and engagement and to create transformative experiences for our students, getting them ready for life and work. RMIT is a 5-Star university under the QS Stars international evaluation system and ranks in the world’s top 400 in the 2018 Academic Ranking of World Universities.
School of Communication & Design
- The School of Communication & Design is committed to providing an international learning environment that encourages cultural awareness, critical thinking, experimentation and, above all, the ability to think differently. Our students develop the competence, confidence and professionalism needed for successful careers in communication, design, fashion, film and video, and languages. See
- The Bachelor of Languages program comprises strands in (a) translating and interpreting (T&I) and (b) Japanese language. The T&I strand offers both academic and vocational development to student supported by a learning management system, high-end hardware and software and a professional-quality simultaneous interpretation booth.
- Due to the growth of the program we are seeking an experienced Lecturer to join a knowledgeable, enthusiastic and supportive teaching team and to support the growth of the T&I discipline against the exciting background of Vietnam’s rapidly growing economy. The appointee will prepare, deliver, review and update T&I-related courses from the Bachelor of Languages program.
- The appointee will be responsible for course coordination and is expected to actively promote both the program and the School through membership of – and links to – academic and professional networks. A flexible attitude and a demonstrated range of skills related to T&I is essential, as well as the capability and competence to teach a range of relevant courses.
- The appointee will be located at RMIT’s Saigon South campus and will be expected to travel to other RMIT Vietnam campuses as required. We are happy to consider either a full- or part-time position.
Key selection criteria
- Relevant PhD or equivalent doctoral qualification from a recognised institution.
- Professional T&I experience in a relevant sector.
- Demonstrated ability to prepare and deliver high-quality courses at undergraduate level including the production of high-quality online or offline teaching activities and support materials.
- Ability to undertake course coordination role with evidence of achieving course learning outcomes and positive student experiences.
To find out more
For further information about this role, and how to apply, please click on the link below:
- English is the language of teaching and communication at RMIT Vietnam. For this role, the minimum requirement is IELTS 7.0 (with no competency less than 6.5).
- Non-Vietnamese candidates must also meet the requirements of the Vietnamese Work Permit process.
Applications close: 03 Feb 2019 SE Asia Standard Time