Associate Professor of Practice (School of Social Work)
Main Campus - Boston, MA
The Master of Social Work program at Simmons University's School of Social Work invites applicants for a part-time non-tenure track faculty position at the rank of Associate Professor of Practice. Our program seeks applicants to provide instruction in our single-track clinical MSW program clinical practice, particularly in the area of trauma practice with children and families. Various assignments for non-tenure track instructional and research faculty may include direct instruction, supporting scholarly activities, and service to the University, community, and profession. This is a ten-month, part-time academic appointment, scheduled to begin August 15, 2019. We primarily seek applicants who have extensive experience in the clinical practice community and demonstrated prior teaching experience in graduate teaching. Ideal candidates will also provide evidence of experience working effectively around issues of social justice, diversity, racial equity, and inclusion, with demonstrated capacity to meet the needs of underrepresented students and other marginalized groups. This position requires the candidate to be located on the Simmons campus in Boston.
Simmons University is a small, highly collegial and dynamic university located in the heart of Boston's world-renowned Longwood Medical Area. Simmons comprises an undergraduate liberal arts education program for women plus professional graduate programs with master's and doctoral degrees for men and women, presenting unique and rich opportunities for interdisciplinary research and collaboration. The campus-based School of Social Work offers degrees at the bachelor's, master's and doctoral levels (BSW, MSW, PhD) and has an innovative online MSW degree, SocialWork@Simmons
- Assume responsibility for classroom teaching in the MSW program. Teaching assignments will include clinical practice courses and electives in the area of trauma work with children and families
- Use practice experience to inform teaching
- Participate in curricular development activities with MSW faculty
- Participate in program and college committees and projects as elected or appointed
- Other projects as assigned
Instructions to Applicants:
- Master's degree in Social Work with a minimum of 7 years post MSW clinical practice experience with children and families
- Currently licensed as an LICSW (or equivalent)
- Expertise in the areas of clinical practice and trauma
- Record of teaching excellence in graduate education
- Experience working with collaborative teams
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- High proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, Google docs and a solid understanding for adapting technology in an educational context; willingness to learn new tools and software is desired.
Please upload the following documents with your application; CV, cover letter, writing sample, and names and contact information for three references.
As a University committed to diversity, Simmons encourages applications broadly. Simmons is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to continuing to develop a more diverse faculty, staff, student body and curriculum.
To apply, visit https://simmons.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/Simmons-Careers/job/Main-Campus---Boston-MA/Associate-Professor-of-Practice--School-of-Social-Work-_R05627
Located in Bostons historic Fenway area, Simmons College is a small, private, non-sectarian College which has educated students for enriching careers and purposeful lives since 1899. Working at Simmons means joining a collaborative, diverse and mission-driven community of educators and professionals.
We prepare students to be leaders for themselves, their communities and the world. Our faculty and staff members lead by example - sharing a commitment to excellence and putting the students first.