The University of Monterrey seeks a new Director of the Department of Organizational Development. The new Director will contribute to the academic and investigation development of the UDEM Academic Program of Master´s degree in Organizational Development.
The salary includes a generous benefits package.
• Master’s degree in Organizational Development AND Doctorate in Organizational Change, Organizational Psychology, Organizational Behavior or Leadership OR Doctorate in Organizational Development
• Experience in Organizational Development Consulting
• Minimum 4-5 years industry experience
• Minimum 4-5 years academic experience
• High emotional intelligence
• Capacity to generate a networking that facilitates an entailment and internationalization
• Aligned with the values, principles, goals, and objectives of the University of Monterrey
• English proficiency required
• Conversational Spanish required
• Teach courses in Masters or Professional level
• Promote program and selection of students and establish workgroups and course schedules
• Coordinate and administer the academic programs monitoring results, supporting students and developing ongoing program enhancements based on student success
• Promote international awareness of program by inviting prestigious visiting international faculty members to participate, and coordinating international visits and study abroad for master’s program student body
• Allign with the mission and goals of the Business School
• Search for funds for the department through consulting opportunities.
• Support program development by:
o Institutional development committee participation
o Update and modify the program curricular
o Propose/design new programs in or related to Organizational Development
Optional: Potential Consultant Opportunities for Additional Revenue
• The University of Monterrey is actively involved with large, area corporations (Coca-Cola, Cemex, Heineken) seeking consulting expertise. This position would be available to coordinate the consulting projects on a personal basis. This is an area for additional revenue for the Director.
o Ability to provide consulting services on behalf of the University -potentially an area of additional revenue
o Through consulting opportunities: finding potential donors/fundraising
About the University of Monterrey
The University of Monterrey currently offers 45 undergraduate degree programs, 13 master's degree programs, 11 graduate specialty programs and 35 areas of medical specialization. UDEM has an excellent reputation as well as national and international accreditations reflecting their continual commitment to high level programs supported by a world-class faculty and infrastructure. UDEM’s high quality instruction is supported by first-rate educational installations: modern classrooms, a complete library, laboratories, computer labs with specialized software, a center for experience-based leadership, a theater, a gymnasium, a radio station, student residency halls, and a myriad of recreational and green spaces.
Living in Monterrey
Considered the “economic engine” of Mexico, Monterrey is the third largest city in Mexico, and home to 5 Universities and 72 public libraries. It has established itself as a multi-faceted industrial hub serving as one of Mexico’s major engines of growth. New economic activity is emerging in hip neighborhoods such as San Pedro.
With the cost of living averaging 3-4x less than US standards, Monterrey offers a rich culture and tradition of Mexican life and is considered one of the most livable cities in Mexico with high quality housing, schools, transportation, and cultural and recreational options, as well as their natural beauty.
Nature lovers can hike through the Parque Ecológico Chipinque. This mountainside reserve has 22 miles of trails offering panoramic views of the city below. Monterrey’s Macroplaza encompasses a full city block and is bursting with parks, fountains, statues, trees, shops and restaurants. The Macroplaza is bordered by city government buildings, cathedrals and the Palacio de Gobierno. Collections at the more-than-150-year-old Museo Metropolitano include art and artifacts documenting the history of the city and the region.