NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SINGAPORE
DEPARTMENT OF PSYCHOLOGY
Director of Clinical Psychology Programmes
The Department of Psychology at the National University of Singapore seeks to appoint a Programme Director to lead our Masters and Doctoral Programmes in Clinical Psychology. We seek applicants with a strong track record and demonstrated experience and excellence in teaching and clinical supervision, with priority given to candidates with a strong internationally competitive research programme. The post holder should also have excellent communication and proven leadership skills. Academic rank will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. Priority will be given to applicants at the Associate Professor or Professor level.
The National University of Singapore was ranked 15th in the world by the QS World University Rankings in 2018. Its Department of Psychology has an established clinical psychology training programme, with excellent training facilities including an internal clinic and hospital and community partners with strong international collaborations.
Singapore is a modern, English-speaking city state that is connected to the world via global commerce, finance and transport networks. Located one degree north of the equator, Singapore has a stable climate all year round and is a cosmopolitan mix of cultures and languages.
Remuneration is competitive and includes medical and other benefits.
Applicants should submit the following materials online at this website:
- NUS Personal Particulars Form (downloadable from http://www.fas.nus.edu.sg/psy/about.html#job-
- NUS Personal Data Consent Form for Job Applicants (downloadable from
- Full CV
- A statement of administrative experience & leadership (max. 3 pages)
- A statement of teaching philosophy, methodology & accomplishments (max. 3 pages) including evidence
of teaching ability such as student feedback or peer review reports, and/ or evidence of other
contributions to education, if available
- A statement of major accomplishments in research (if applying for tenure-track or tenured position; max.
5 pages, including citation and impact analysis); sample copies of publications, creative works or other
scholarly contributions, if available
- A list of 6 external referees (names, contact details, applicant’s relationship to them)
Informal inquiries can be directed to Associate Professor Sim Tick Ngee, Head of Department, at email@example.com. Applications close by 3rd June 2018. Only short-listed candidates will be notified.