The College of Humanities and Social Sciences at Hamad Bin Khalifa University invites applications for an Open Rank Professorship with an emphasis on Research Methods in Translation Studies, Audiovisual Translation and Accessibility, Women, Society and Development, and Digital Humanities and Societies. The successful candidate will contribute to courses, mentoring, advising, and thesis supervision. The college seeks candidates who are specialized in research methods that focus specifically on the areas above. Applicants with a doctoral degree in any of the above-named areas will be given top preference. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
- A doctorate in the humanities or social sciences.
- A publication record commensurate with the rank being applied for.
- University level teaching experience.
- Demonstrated research or teaching experience in Humanities and Social Sciences.
- Fluency in English.
- Knowledge of Arabic will be considered an added value though not a requirement.
- Track record or demonstrated interest in research methods in Humanities and Social Sciences.
- Evidence of mentoring and thesis supervision skills.
- Evidence of building university-community relations.
- Experience of applying for grants or generating research income.
About The College of Humanities and Social Sciences:
The College of Humanities and Social Sciences was recently established with a vision to enrich society, by providing transformative educational experiences that bridge disciplinary boundaries, and by offering the academic community opportunities to engage in innovative research and collaboration. The college achieves its mission through recruiting and retaining the finest faculty and researchers, enrolling and graduating high caliber students and promoting a supportive environment for faculty and student research and through offering the following programs:
- Master of Arts in Translation Studies (MATS)- since 2012
- Master of Arts in Audiovisual Translation (MAAT)- since 2014
- Master of Arts in Women, Society and Development (MAWSD)- launched in 2017
- Master of Arts in Digital Humanities and Societies (MADHS)- launched in 2017
About Hamad Bin Khalifa University:
Hamad Bin Khalifa University (HBKU), a member of Qatar Foundation for Education, Science and Community Development, is an emerging world-class teaching and research university that is building its foundation upon unique collaborations with best local and international institutions. Located in Education City, Doha, Qatar, HBKU enjoys close proximity with partner research institutions and faculty from Georgetown, Northwestern, Carnegie Mellon, Texas A&M, Cornell, and Virginia Commonwealth University. HBKU delivers world-class research-based undergraduate and graduate programs through its College of Humanities and Social Sciences, College of Islamic Studies, College of Science and Engineering, Law School, and College of Public Health. It also provides unparalleled opportunities for funding research and scholarship through its research institutes, and its Center of Executive Education delivers customized programs for the business community of Qatar and the region, in line with Qatar National Vision 2030.
How to apply?
Please submit your complete application (CV, cover letter, research plan, teaching philosophy, and contact details of three professional referees) through the following application form.
Nominations for potential candidates are also welcomed to DeanCHSS@hbku.edu.qa .
Candidates are requested to submit their application by 31st December 2018 for full consideration.
HBKU offers an attractive compensation package that includes a tax-free salary and additional benefits such as an education allowance, furnished accommodation, annual paid leave, air tickets and medical insurance.