University of Idaho
Regular Faculty - Communication
College of Letters, Arts & Social Sciences
The Department of Psychology and Communication Studies at the University of Idaho seeks candidates for two tenure track assistant professors in Communication. The positions are funded for three years with continued funding contingent on growth of the major. Candidates will be expected to establish a research program that involves undergraduate students and teach face-to-face and online undergraduate courses in Communication (e.g., Interpersonal Communication; Organizational Communication; and other courses in the candidate's area of expertise). Teaching load is 3:2. Research area is open, but preference will be given to candidates with knowledge and expertise in one of the following areas: Organizational Communication and Diversity; Science Communication and Environmental Communication.
- PhD in Communication or related field; candidates who have completed all degree requirements and finished their dissertation research will be considered if the oral defense is completed before August 1, 2019
-Potential for excellence in teaching both small and large undergraduate courses and effective mentoring of undergraduate students.
- Demonstrated potential for research productivity, including publications, external funding, presentations, and grant/contract writing.
- Ability to work collaboratively both with faculty and staff in the department and across campus.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Research interests in one of the following areas: Organizational Communication and Diversity; Science Communication and Environmental Communication
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
Open Until Filled:
To complete your application please submit the following information with your application:
1. Curriculum Vitae
2. Letter of Application/Cover Letter
3. Teaching interests and philosophy, including student evaluations or other evidence of teaching skill is available.
4. Research interests
5. One selected publication (uploaded as Other Document 1)
6. Three letters of recommendation (sent directly from the recommender to the address below)
Dr. Annette Folwell
Chair, Search Committee
Department of Psychology and Communication Studies
University of Idaho
875 Perimeter Dr. MS 3043
Moscow, ID 83844-3043
Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background check.
To apply, please visit: jobs.uidaho.edu
University of Idaho is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.